update sysrescue online?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by mross, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mross

mross Registered Member

I have made a rescue CD and a rescue USB stick. Is it possible for these to self-update over the internet? Which drivers should I add? I have a wireless Lynksys router.

Both are able to use the latest signatures from my c: which is very useful but it would be great if the CD/USB could get fresh updates.

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

pls tell me after creating a rescue USB stick did you boot from it is it run?
    and here is solution where you can add drivers from your OS to Eset Sysrescue

Attached Files:

3. mross

mross Registered Member

Yes, both usb and cd work well. I know how to add drivers but I don't know which drivers are necessary to enable online updating.

4. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

5. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

WinPE has originally some drivers inside. Of course not for for all existing HW. Therefore it is possible to add external drivers in Advanced Setting of Wizard in 2 ways (drivers must be 32bit, since WinPE in SysRescue is always 32bit).

First one is to add drivers manually. You can use button Add for this. You need to locate related .inf file for your HW. It is necessary to have all driver related files (in most cases only .sys file) in the same directory as the .inf file. For this way you need to download driver package for your HW somewhere from the internet. In your case to download driver package for your WIFI card.

Second way (more comfortable) is to use Automatic Search button. This is possible only if you are running Wizard on 32bit OS, otherwise button is disabled. Then Wizard searches for you all network devices and SCSI controllers installed in your OS and installs its drivers to WinPE. So you don't need to manually search them on net. Found drivers are displayed in window. If you put cursor over it, you should see device name as tooltip.

After booting SysRescue, if it finds virus signature database on HDD in installed ESS and also there is network connectivity, then a window is displayed asking you which signatures to use for update (internet or HDD). If only one possibility is found, no window is displayed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.