Update starts before Internet connection is made

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jjc225, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

I've noticed that with NOD32, whenever I boot up my computer, ESET tries to update before my computer connects to the Internet. This means that usually I have to go in manually later to update definitions. Can something be done, for example, looking at the sequence of start up programs on my computer, to ensure that ESET updates automatically on start up?

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

I believe the setting change you want is one that will be similar to what we recommend for those with a dial-up connection. It checks first for an internet connection and then automatically updates only when it recognizes a connection is established. Here's the KB Article describing the procedure to make the change:

kb.eset.com/esetkb/SOLN728&ref=wsf

As you can see, it points out dial-up connection but this should also work in your case, when ESET attempts to update the VSD before an interent connection is established.

3. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

Thanks. I'll take a look at the article. I have a pretty fast DSL connection, so not really sure why this is happening. But I'll take a look and see if there is any useful info.

Edit: Just looked. It looks like a pretty simple adjustment to make in the scheduling are, where you uncheck automatically check for updates and instead check austomatic update after user logon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.