Update Server Status?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Johnny5, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny5

Johnny5 Registered Member

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is a scheduled downtime, or a problem with the update server. I am getting the "Unable to connect to Update Server" message when attempting to check for updates. It may be a problem on my end, however, my internet connectivity is fine, and I disable my firewall to run updates.

If the update information file was corrupted during download (stated as another possible cause for the problem), what can I do to fix that?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for this wonderful program! The world needs more people like you!

Johnny5

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

If there's a scheduled downtime for the updates server, I'll make sure to post notice either here or on my website. (Information on any other problems that may occur would be posted as soon as it is available.)

In this case, the updates server is up and running correctly, so it sounds like a conflict with some software or another on your machine.

What version of Windows are you running, and what firewall?

Also, it might help to try checking "Use a direct connection to the Internet." under "Options" in the Updates area of SpywareBlaster.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Johnny5

Johnny5 Registered Member

Thanks for that quick reply!

Apologies for not incuding my OS and Firewall information. I am running Windows XP Professional SP1 with ZoneAlarm (Personal), IMSecure, SpywareGuard, and Norton Antivirus.

Version 3.0 connected as expected and informed me of 3.1. After disabling protection, uninstalling 3.0, and installing 3.1, I started receiving this error. Firewall and NAV Auto Protect are disabled while checking for the updates.

No other new software installed between uninstallation of 3.0 and installation of 3.1.

Thank you for confirming that the server is up and running.

I was just curious as to whether or not any other users have received this error. I suspect there is a problem of some sort on my end, but wanted also to check on the possibility of an issue experienced by anyone else.

Thanks again!
    Johnny5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.