update seems to be caught in a loop

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sagittarius, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

Have just been contacted by a someone whose computer I did the upgrade on yesterday, who says when she went on line today, NOD32 wouldn't stop updating. It no sooner finished one which she said was 2+MB than it started over again. She confirmed that she has Version 1.869.
    I had to get her to quit NOD completely so she could continue working on line (as she is on very slow speed country phone line & couldn't do anything else while the download was happening).
    I got her to reboot the computer & try again, but it apparently started doing the same thing.
    I have asked her to turn of Regular Automatic Updates to see if this helps, but would like to know if anyone else has heard of this happening before? If so, is there a recommended course of action in an event such as this? I have never experienced it yet, although I have installed NOD32 on around 200 computers, but would like to be prepared for it, if it happens again.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I think what she is seeing is the auto-update that came out last Saturday, going to v2.12.2. I came across a customer today that was on a very slow dialup connection with the same problem yesterday. If she lets Nod32 do it's update I think it will stop after the engine update...

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. sagittarius

thanks Blackspear ... always reassuring to hear someone else has had a similar experience.
    will be hearing from her tomorrow, whether it happens again or not ... will keep you posted :)

4. Blackspear

No problem...

And thanks, always nice to see what the outcome is...

5. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

hi, i had the same problem awhile ago, i had just changed the path of the documents and settings folder. to fix i reinstalled nod, although there is probably an easier way. possibly renaming or checking the path of the folder updates r stored in.

6. Blackspear

I gather your Nod32 is now installed by default to C:\Program Files\Eset

7. sagittarius

Problem seems to be all sorted now ... she has been back on line twice & NOD has only done the usual update. Thanks Blackspear :)

8. Blackspear

Good to see, and my pleasure...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.