Update Remote Administrator when a computer dies to the replacement computer

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by scolew, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scolew

scolew Registered Member

We are using ERA v5.0.242. I am looking for the process of updating the computer record in RA. For example, we have a computer that currently has Nod32 installed on it and then that computer is replaced with a new workstation and we install Nod32 on it. How do I update the record in Remote Administrator so that the new computer can start getting the updates from RA?

Thanks so much!

2. er34

er34 Guest

Hi and welcome!

All you have to do is to manually remove the old computer from the ERA list (right click it and delete it). Once you install ESET Endpoint solution on the new computer and configure it to connect to ERA, it will automatically display the info in ERA and will appear in the list. You have to configure the workstation to communication with ERA - this is how it works with ESET.

For more information refer to the guides here:
    http://www.eset.com/download/documentation/filecategory/10/

3. scolew

scolew Registered Member

Thank you very much! I appreciate the help!!

4. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

Afaik it automaticly updates the entries on ERAS. If you had disable changing mac adresses from invalid to valid it will create a new entry in ERAS.

5. dukeleto

dukeleto Registered Member

What happens when you are doing a planned computer upgrade for a workstation? So the computer doesn't die, but instead I'm setting up another one to replace it.

If i'm at my license max, will it be able to temporarily go over the max until i remove the old workstation from the clients pane of ERA?

I like having a machine fully loaded so that the swap is seamless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.