Update Problems w Counterspy

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JerryM, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

When I attempt to update Counterspy paid version, the response is that it is unable to update defintions to version 150. It also says that most recent software is installed.

Further the information tells me that it updated spyware definitions on 19 March to version 146, and that my definitions are up to date. I am confident that there are later definitions since there is a version 150. Further my Microsoft Anti Spyware program has updated today.

Anyone else with this update problem? I have attempted to email Sunbelt, but I think it failed.

Thanks for the help.
    Jerry

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I didn't have the exact same problem, but I DID have an updater problem the other day when trialling Counterspy. Namely, the updater just kept multiplying (like bunny rabbits) until there were dozens of instances running. I had a very hard time stopping it because they multiplied faster than I could shut them down.

I sent Counterspy a message, but they neither replied nor acknowledged it. Instead, they just kept sending follow-ups, suggesting that I buy their program & keep enjoying the *same great protection*. :eek:

So I uninstalled the thing. Even so, I had yet another "buy it" message yesterday. Evidently their email robots work just fine... but is a live human person anywhere near, I wonder? :doubt:

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Since I have paid for it, I hope I get a response. I did not expect to hear until Monday. Also there is a Counterspy forum at Castle Cops.

I'll post the answer.

Jerry

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I finally got it fixed by manually downloading the latest updates, a 12.9 MB file. The program itself would not update.

Now that I have the latest I will see how it works. If it does not update I may decide to take them up on the 30 day money back guarantee.

Jerry

5. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

Hi, I myself have the paid version of CounterSpy and have not had problems with definition updates. However, I have experienced numerous false positive reports as well as not being able to update the software. The software update issue, according to CounterSpy technicians is due to my dial-up internet connection. About 2 weeks ago they released a " fix " for this but the program had to be reinstalled. :(

Also, worthy of mention, anyone with both Giant & CounterSpy on their PC's. Uninstalling CounterSpy will wipe out Giant AntiSpyware. Apparently CounterSpy are working a " fix " for this issue as well. For any technical issues I suggest calling CounterSpy Tech Support at 1 877 - 673-1153. :D

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Updates are going as supposed to. I am now pleased with Counterspy.

I have been having problems with MS AS updating, and have finally disabled it. Maybe MS will get it all fixed in time when it comes out of Beta. In the meantime, I don't miss it.

I did not uninstall due to the problems associated with it.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.