Update problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Larkmore, May 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larkmore

Larkmore Registered Member

I recently discovered Spyware Blaster and am eager to try it out. I downloaded the installer yesterday, ran it, and everything looks ok. The program comes up fine. I clicked on Check for Updates and the dialog came up. I pressed the Check for Updates button and three updates came up. So I pressed Download Update(s) and I get an error saying "The server returned the following unexpected response: HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication required". I press the OK button and close that window, and it sorta looks like it's downloading anyway, but nothing happens within 10 minutes.
    I know computers pretty well, but my networking knowledge is next to none, so I don't know if this is a problem on my side or the download server. How do I fix this and what do I look for?

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Larkmore,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

In SpywareBlaster, when you click settings could you verify if everything is set correctly for your connection. "Use the system connection" works fine for me even though I'm behind a proxyserver.
    If all else fails, try checking the Use lternative download method.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Larkmore

Larkmore Registered Member

Well, I'm not sure which solved it, but I did both of the following and now it's happy:
    The first thing I did was I checked the "Use Alternative Download Method" like Pieter suggested. I think I had tried this before, but maybe I had something else screwy at the time. The second thing I did was to highlight one of the files to be downloaded. I don't think that should matter since it downloaded all three at once even though I only selected one, but I've written Java programs that had similar quirks sometimes so I could believe it. Anyway, thanks for the help and for the software!
    -Will

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

It's working and that's what counts.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.