Update plans?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by munk, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. munk

munk Registered Member

I'm not sure who to ask, but if anyone knows...I'd appreciate knowing as well.

Ad-aware consistently finds these tracking cookies. (I'm getting a little tired of removing them week after week. lol) So I'd like to know if I will be protected against them soon. The last update was nearly a month ago. Are there any plans in the works to update the free version of Spyware Blaster?

TRACKING COOKIE
    »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
    obj[0]=IECache Entry : Cookie:mad:realmedia.com/
    obj[1]=IECache Entry : Cookie:mad:statcounter.com/
    obj[2]=IECache Entry : Cookie:mad:bravenet.com/
    obj[3]=IECache Entry : Cookie:mad:www5.addfreestats.com/cgi-bin

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Hi munk!,
    Welcome to Wilders!
    Any other info you could offer would be good.......ie. any other security apps you are running.....Which browser you are using etc.
    Cheers,
    Buck.
    EDIT: last SWB update was 24 Dec 2004!

3. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

sounds like he needs to check how its connecting. ya know the direct/proxy stuff. i had to do a little seting up with mine to get it to work right. alls good now. got current 12/24 update.

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

If you want to stop cookies from particular sites getting into your machine you can create special rules; see halfway down this page for details:- http://www.spywarewarrior.com/uiuc/btw/ie/ie-opts.htm

However the simplest way to control these types of unwanted cookies is to install and run WinPatrol. Every few minutes the prog will check your system and if it finds unwanted cookies it will remove them. All you need to do is add them to the exclusion list within the cookies tab of the GUI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.