Update: Mozilla Thunderbird 3.03

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I could of sworn Mozilla stopped supporting Thunderbird. Or is the fact its open source have it so another team updated it?

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

If they've stopped supporting it, that must be fairly recent ... I've been getting periodic updates all long. It doesn't help the confusion any that (as of a couple or so years back, anyway) Qualcomm was gonna dump Eudora in favor of a totally new open-source mailer, don't know what ever happened to/with that. As of when I was last active on the Eudora forums (shortly after their supposedly last "official" upgrade), the thinking was that Qualcomm would wash their hands of it and have a third party develop the new product.

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

MikeBCda, I believe cheater87 could be thinking of Sunbird: Calendar Project at a critical juncture, instead of Thunderbird.

Mozilla's efforts have turned to supporting the Lighting add-on instead, currently in Beta at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.