Update Module buttons changing colour

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Phil_S, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

Can anyone tell me why the buttons on the update module keep changing from blue to brown, as per the attached image?

I've never noticed it before updating to Nod 2.12, and I can't find a reference to it in the help files.

Attached Files:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I haven't noticed that on mine. Is your monitor allright? Any adjustments you can try.
    Are you using a flat monitor?

3. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

I'm certain its nothing to do with the monitor. If I click on the "Update Now" button, the buttons all change back to blue, and seem to stay blue until I log off, but when I log on again, they've returned to being brown.

It's only the Update Module buttons that exhibit that behaviour. The buttons on all the other modules, log windows etc. aren't affected.

I wondered if it was indicating a certain condition in the update module, similar to the red buttons indicating that AMON or IMON are disabled, but it doesn't seem to affect the scheduling of updates.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Sounds like a bug. Very strange.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

LOL, nice colour scheme, not my preference though ;)

Have you got the latest driver for you video card?

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

6. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

It's not the video card - as I said, it only affects the update module buttons.

After a little experimenting it seems most likely to be a bug concerning XP fast user switching. If I log in as the first user, the buttons are blue. If I then switch users and log in as a second user, the buttons on that user's screen are also blue. If I leave the second user logged in, and switch back to the first user, the buttons are brown. If I then force a manual update they will become blue, otherwise they stay brown :doubt:

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It doesn't happen on my machine and no one else has ever complained about this. I think there's no need to contact support@nod32.com as you would get the same answer. NOD32 only utilizes means provided by the system even for the graphic so I don't assume NOD32 is involved in this case.

9. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

OK, thanks Marcos. Maybe a bug in XP SP2 then? I've certainly never noticed it before either the SP2 update, or v2.12, but I can reproduce it by logging in and out as indicated above.

Never mind, as everything works and it's only an appearance thing, I won't worry about it. I wondered when I started the thread if the brown buttons indicated something significant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.