Update issues

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by beethoven, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I just updated my TDS on two separate licensed PC and noticed that the resulting definitions count is different. Both show update to 24/2 though one PC actually now has less definitions than before the update.
    I have tried everything to have the right update server information etc but it's annoying that every morning I am doing the update, I have to hold my breath to see how it is going.
    I guess the next step now is again to manually download the radius file and install that way. Perhaps tomorrow I will be lucky?

As I have configured TDS to high protection (ie do all possible scans when loading), shutting TDS down, installing the radius files, loading TDS again and waiting for the scans to run through takes quite a bit of time.
    Is it necessary to shut down TDS to install new radius files or you can do that while the program is loaded?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You might like to move the update at the TDS site on top in your epdate.cfg file and see if that goes better?
    Guess on your different pc's different mirrors atre on top at the moment?

3. beethoven

Thank you Jooske,
    you were right, the sequence of servers was different. I have now reshuffled them and this time it worked fine.
    I did notice however that only approx 1mb was downloaded whereas usually the update is about 2mb - any idea about this?

Also, do you know if you can install the radius file without closing down TDS beforehand?

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

If you manually download a new radius.td3 you can tell TDS to load it - issue this command at the TDS commandline (down the bottom)

initradius

If TDS is running when the updater finishes the download, it will send this command automatically

5. beethoven

Thanks Gavin, I am sorry I may have used the wrong expression when talking about manually downloading. When using the update button in TDS I sometimes get error messages. As an alternative I then surf to your normal website, manually safe the radius file (safe target as..) and place it into the program file of TDS (overwriting the previous file). Basically this is the procedure I would have to do if using an unlicensed version. In this case, do I need to close TDS before saving the new radius file?

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

No need to close TDS, just drop in the new radius and like Gavin now unveils after all those years type in that
    initradius
    after dropping in the new references so it's loaded in TDS.
    Saves all the startup scanning from a reload of TDS.

7. beethoven

Great :D - that will be a big help :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.