Update issue after going to 4.2

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by bradtech, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Registered Member

I created a managed package on my Remote Adminstrator Console for 4.2.. I have pushed it down to my Windows Vista SP2 Machine.. For my internal update server I am not using the eHTTPSrv.exe process to serve for my updates because it would jump up to 99% CPU usage if to many users connected in at the same time.

So I started using the IIS Method of issuing updates. After pushing down this install of 4.2 it is downloading around 21 MB of updates, and then it gets to the phase of installing them and at 1/2 being applied it fails and says Error downloading file from update server.

I have cleared the update cache locally, and on the Server.. It is stuck on signature 4694, and continuing to fail. Only thing I can think of doing next is a manual uninstall, and reinstall of the client or pointing it to update from the outside.. However I don't think that will show what the issue really is.. I fear that there may be some kind of glitch/bug causing the update to fail in regards to my IIS Update solution. I would think after Clearing the cache on the local client, and server the issue would have been resolved but it is not.

Any ideas?

2. bradtech

Just manually deleted all the files out of

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\mirror

Folder, and redownloading.. Wonder if this solves the issue..

3. bradtech

Did not work.. Argh!!!

4. bradtech

I uninstalled the client.. Pushed down the same 4.2 push and it updated successfully. It appears that a remote install on top of the newest 4.0 release may have had issues in regards to updating.. I cleared all the cache client and server side with no avail.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The beta can only update from a pre-release update server or from the ERA mirror with pre-release updates enabled.

6. bradtech

I am running the Remote Administrator 4 beta right now... I am looking through for some update options under advanced config editor to see

7. bradtech

What are the requirements to have an internal update server that will work with 4.2? It appears that my client has went back to failing to update today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.