"update information is not consistent" problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by kyndig, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyndig

kyndig Registered Member

Hi,

first of all, sorry if this problem has been discussed repeatedly. i did try to search the forum but couldnt find anything about it that will resolve my problem, and rather than replying on an old thread i decided to make a new thread in case it's a different problem.

I've been using eset anti-virus since the infamous v2.7 which has been working really great for me. then i moved on to ver. 3 which works as good on my 64bit vista about 1 year ago.

about 4 months ago i reinstalled my vista because of changing hdd to ssd. and with all the work on getting everything re-installed and all i forgot to backup my eset ver.3 installer. so i go to eset site and found the d/l for ver. 4 instead.

I tried to install it an dput my username and password and it worked, so i think nothing more of it. but i keep getting this error randomly since then
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/a3an/th_esetupdateinfonotconsistent.jpg

if i keep trying to click the update button after a few times it'll began to update as normal. but lately i'm feeling the error is getting more and more frequent, and sometimes a bit of a nuisance(?) since i really like to keep my computer protected from any possible virus/trojan/etc attacks.

so my question is. what is the cause of the problem? is it because i used a version 3 username and pass on a version 4 nod32? and so, should i return back on using ver. 3 instead?

thanks in advance.

Adrian

Attached Files:

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.