Update freezes...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Shelb, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelb

Shelb Registered Member

Hi,
    For the last couple days everytime I try to autoupdate using TDS it freezes as shown below. Manually updating the database and server list files do not alleviate the problem. Any ideas?

http://www.shelbyshreve.com/downloads/tdsupdatefreeze.jpg

(The cropping of the window and words is an unrelated bug and occurs due to my laptop's aspect ratio)

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi shelb, You could try downloading a new update config from DCS as it may be a server problem.
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update
    You wil find it at the end of the "Important" paragraph - Right click save target as into your TDS3 main folder

HTH Pilli

3. Shelb

Shelb Registered Member

That is what I meant by the server list file. I have already tried this.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If that doesn't help, you might like to open the update.cfg in notepad or wordpad and change the order of the servers --making sure no extra spaces or lines are created nor anything deleted.
    You can test: if you go inside the TDS directory and click the update.exe, does it work well then or same problem? And if you do this last action, try to find out if there is a difference with TDS running or closed.
    Since you say this happens since recently it might really need further investigation if Pilli's recommendatyion and changing the servers order both didn't help yet.

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hmm, Have your firewall rules changed at all?
    A little while ago I had problems similar to yours and it was caused by my ISP's so called "transparent cache servers" which had a fault - after a few days it cleared up.
    Maybe DCS will suggest another idea.

6. Shelb

Shelb Registered Member

The problem seems to have corrected itself. Not exactly sure what caused the problem. Could be a cache server problem as Pilli suggested.

Anyway thanks for you help and suggestions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.