Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2998527)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Has anyone installed the latest upbork from Mickeysoft: Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2998527) ?

If so, have there been any problems associated with it?

2. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Just installed on Vista 32 without an issue. A reboot wasn't required.

"Russia has announced that it will change its existing time zones on 26 October 2014. Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Windows on September 23,2014 that resolves this change. Users should install the update before 26 October 2014, to avoid incorrect time zone data after this date."

3. Rules

Rules Registered Member

4. Daveski17

OK thanks for the info. :thumb:

5. Daveski17

6. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    my windows 7 sp1 list this update only under optional

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

It was a recommended update for me. Maybe because I am running Kaspersky. o_O

8. new2security

new2security Registered Member

Not that this contributes to this thread in any way, but I always ignore these non-critical updates. Adds nothing to my system but bloat. ^^

Btw, in one W7 machine, this update was rated "important". On a different W7 machine, it was rated "recommended". Weird.

9. Daveski17

Yes, but 'Optional' with M$ upborks often confuse me. I think most MSE updates are 'Optional'. This update was 'Recommended' for me. :confused:

10. Daveski17

Yeah, I think there have been minor issues with this particular upbork on Vista. If you don't need it, you don't need to install it. Just more bork-bloat! :(

11. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

KB2998527 was listed as recommended here and I installed. No problems so far. I install important updates which include critical and security updates. Also install recommended updates. Optional updates, not so much.

12. chemk

chemk Registered Member

I installed that update KB2998527, and it messed my computer up royally!!! I took the update off and it did no good....still screwed up. Took all my music, email, pictures away. Now, when I try to save a picture or music to (my name) -pictures......or musiic...it won't let me...it automatically puts it in 32config or somthing like that ....it won't let me put things where I want them. My computer is 64bit. and I am running Vista. Things were working great until I installed that update. I even tried system restore.... didn't help. Any ideas on what to do?

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

14. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Have you scanned your hard drive for errors or tested your RAM? A Vista machine is probably picking up a little age at this point. It would seem unlikely (though possible) that a time zone update would hose your machine.

15. Daveski17

chemk's problem is a classic example of why I am wary of recent MS updates. MS aren't testing these patches thoroughly enough these days if you ask me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.