Update errors and others.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by r00ted, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r00ted

r00ted Registered Member

When checking for updates, it works fine at first, except for what seems to be a GUI glitch ;)
    In the attachment, yes, that transfer rate IS 264.400207519531 :p Even though I am on a dialup machine lol.

Attached Files:

2. r00ted

r00ted Registered Member

Ok and heres the second bug. I guess, after it's done downloading the updates, it's giving me an error 35761 I think this occurs after it's done downloading, and while it's validating them. For some reason it can't write something to the disk? :p

Attached Files:

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'll see what I can do in regard to those errors.

I can't reproduce them myself, but I'm pretty sure I can come up with a work-around for them. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. r00ted

r00ted Registered Member

cool good to hear.

Im not sure how it occured, but after posting the pics and doing some stuff around the house I came back and tried another update and it worked the second time, with 11 added items to the restricted or cookie zone i think it was.

5. masterwriter

masterwriter Guest

In case it helps I also had this problem when I first tried updating but it worked fine now. I got 11 new items. I double checked by trying to update again and it said no updates available or words to that effect.
    By the way how does one put a screenshot on a forum?
    Regards

6. K. Mason

K. Mason Guest

To whom it my concern:
    Had trouble intigrating update into you new version 3. (Corrupted the database -- I had to re-load the program from the original downloaded installation file -- that corrected the corruption) I found that if I UNCHECHED alternated method in update options -- the update proceeded smoothly. I'm using dial-up and Windows 98SE.

7. sig

sig Registered Member

I just set mine to have a direct connection to the internet and have no problems updating.

But after seeing your post I looked at the "more info" tab for alternate download options and saw this, which actually confuses me a bit. It says not to uncheck that selection....when it seems that it *should* be unchecked unless you experience problems otherwise? o_O

Attached Files:

8. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

In certain circumstances, SpywareBlaster will automatically enable the Alternative Download Method if it deems it may assist in the proper downloading of the update files. The warning simply mentions that if you find the box checked automatically, you probably shouldn't uncheck it because SpywareBlaster itself probably checked it. :)

For version 3.0 of SpywareBlaster I do recommend you uncheck it - if you find it checked and you are having update problems, that is.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.