update error

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by luccidity, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luccidity

luccidity Registered Member

I have spywareblaster 3.2 and when i go to update it tells me there is an error connecting to the server and it will not let me update.
    I am with tiscali and i do not seem to have any net problems.
    Any help appreciated.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Could be a server overload on te SB side. I suggest giving it another try in about a couple of hours. In case you do encounter one and the same error, don't hesitate to report back on this thread.

regards,

paul

3. luccidity

i have been trying to update for the last 4 days still nothing happens.
    Tried different options settings of spywareblaster. Disabled spybot s&d,also disabled avg still no joy. It will not download updates. Even tried another download of spywareblaster.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    running xp pro sp1 .

4. NHscoop

NHscoop Registered Member

I was having the same problem and this answer from snowbound worked like a charm;

<I>There are different options in SpywareBlaster to get updates.

Open your SpywareBlaster interface and go to Updates>Options and choose one of the other methods to download updates.</I>

5. luccidity

thanks for your advice nhscoop, but i had already tried that and it did not work. I have been to tiscali help section and my connections are setup properly. Any more sggestions please.

6. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

Possibly, there is some form of malware/firewall etc. from allowing SWB to connect to its server. Have you any forms of anti-crap ware on your computer (i.e Spy Bot S&D 1.3, Ad-Aware SE, etc).

If you do not, i recomend both of those programs, they are both free and work like a charm.
    If you DO have these installed, it is possible that maybe some program on your PC is blocking it (i.e firewall) from connecting to its server.

Viel Glueck,
    Under0ath

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.