Update confusion.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Sy Sez, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sy Sez

Sy Sez Registered Member

I bought Backup & Recovery 10 Home on 02/05-2011, as a download, and assumed I had gotten the latest version.

When I checked Help/About/Support Links/Download free Update, I was routed to a page that showed my version; and a link that stated "Go To Newer Version".

On the download page there was a version dated 13/10/2010--- Several months prior to my purchased download.

There was no installation instructions. I had put in a support request but it wasn't answered, so I called Sales.

The Paragon Rep. told me (1) that my purchased download was not necessarily the latest version, and (2) That the current version must be installed prior to installing the update.

I downloaded the "update"; uninstalled my original version; installed the supposed "Updated" version; and when I opened the "new" version it turned out to be the same version I had; with the same "Update" link--- Once again telling me that there was a newer version which was the same as the one I had just installedo_O??

Leigh

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Update link is always active. It just redirects to the My downloads page where the latest available version is shown.
    If you already have the latest version - there is no need to perform update.
    Unfortunately, the update link in Help-About doesn't indicate updates if there are any since your version. It is static.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.