update.cfg

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by ellison64, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Hi..
    Ive just recieved my port explorer and tds3 keys (lost them on a crash)Anyhow i ve put my key file in and im registered again ,however im having difficulty using the auto update.Following the email sent to me it says to download the update.cfg from here...(i dont have one in tds3 directory at present)
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update
    The instructions are these...

Important: The Automatic Update program (update.exe) requires an up-to-date server list (update.cfg) in order to download the database. This file can be downloaded here (Right-click | Save Target As...). Please save the file to your TDS directory, overwriting the existing update.cfg file. Remember to ensure that the filename is update.cfg, and not update.cfg.txt or anything else.

The problem is that if i right click i dont get the option to save target as.If i just copy the server list shown and make the file with notepad and rename it to update.cfg (and put in directory)i get this error...

error in update.cfg
    file is not radius.td3
    Can anyone help here?
    tia
    me

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Hi ellison64,
    What about left-clicking the file. Do you get a dialog asking you what to do with it ?
    Dolf

3. ellison64

thanks for reply
    Nothing when left clicking.I wish theyd just put the file on the page.All i see is list of servers so i dont know why the notepad option wont work.I like tds3 and port explorer but its a real nuiscance trying to install/ register again if youve lost the keys,and get them to function correctly again.
    me

4. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Ok, I've sent you the list by IM.
    Copy and past it in notepad INCLUDING the last Crlf and save it in your TDS directory as update.cfg.
    Be sure it will NOT be saved as update.cfg.txt
    Hope this helps
    Dolf

5. ellison64

Thanks very much for that Dollefie ......
    Its working ok now :) ,and my port explorer.
    me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.