Update Attempt Terminted with Error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dazed_and_Confused, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Update Attempt Terminated with Error

Regarding NOD32's event log, I have NOD32 set to automatically update the signature file, and it seems to be working OK. However, in the event log I continue to get an error message with the UPDATE MODULE ("Server Connection Failure"). I've never seen the UPDATE MODULE work correctly. However, the KERNEL MODULE seems to work fine, and is constantly updating the signature file. What is up with the UPDATE MODULE - what is this process?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2004
  2. sig

sig Registered Member

Re: Update Attempt Terminated with Error

My understanding is that you cannot get program updates with the trial version, only signature database updates. Also, I think the trrial version uses a separate server for updates than the registered version. So I'm wondering if perhaps the event log is showing the program looking for program updates that are not available on the trial server. Perhaps there is nothing on the trial update server for the program update module to connect to? So you see a connection failure in the event log? Well, that's at least one completely uninformed theory. ;)

Next: the theory of relativity according to Sig: the faster you go, the slower things get. Or something like that. :D

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Re: Update Attempt Terminated with Error

Sig, Hi!

I was thinking the same thing. I guess great minds really do think alike! :D It's about the only "problem" I've had with the app during my 30-day trial. And again it's really not a "problem" becasue everything seems to be updating correctly. Just thought someone might know...

5. Dazed_and_Confused

Ronjor - Thanks. I'm feeling better now. I really like NOD32. It's fast and has saved me a few times already in the past 23 days.

[MOVE] Another satisfied user! [/MOVE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.