Update attempt failed connecting to DFS

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bdebelius, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdebelius

bdebelius Registered Member

Update Nod32

Connection to network directory \\foo\dfs is already established using a different user name. Do you wish to terminate current connection and establish connection using new username?

Clicking OK gives an Update attempt failed (Server connection failure). Function: MapNetworkDrive, parameters:,return value: 1219

Clicking No give a successful update.

Why am I getting this pop up?

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I've always had problems with shared drives - we opted to setup ours (and all our clients), using either a fixed IP on the server or a fully qualifiied domain name - and use the http method - it's a snap to get running, and far less hassle than windows network drives in my experience.

hth

Greg

ps - if I was going your route - I'd setup a user by the name of "nod32update" - and give it read only permissions on the drive.. but that'd just be my way... I'm sure others with more 'doze networking have other (better?) ideas!

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I would guess that you already have another connection to the \\foo server established somehow (domain logon, if nothing else), but NOD32 tries to establish a connection to \\foo as \\yourcomputer\SYSTEM ; hence, the error message.

I agree with webyourbusiness. The HTTP method of connecting to the server works quite well. The main thing you have to watch out for is that, out of the box, it uses the same TCP port as Windows Sharepoint Services (part of Small Business Server), so you may have to reconfigure the default port setting to avoid a conflict.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.