UPDATE Acronis True Image Home 2013 16.0 Build 6514

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by treehouse786, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich M

Rich M Registered Member

You and me both! I recently had an experience where I thought Acronis made a successful restore on an Acer Ultrabook and it instead made the hard drive invisible so that I could not see it or install to it at all. Then a few weeks later I installed it to my new Sony Ultrabook (like a glutton for punishment) and it trashed the entire OS and that one never booted again until I used the Recovery Partition to go back to Day 1. That was enough for me!

2. 1 THz

1 THz Registered Member

I recently installed this on a new Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 8. While I managed to get what I think is a good backup image saved to another disk, the LT would not boot from the Acronis boot disc.

From what I saw, there appeared to be no video driver for this LT on the rescue disk. It's all video hash, could not get to even a useable screen via the restore screen asides from all the boot problems that others experienced. Dang!

I can live with all of that, I'm only writing now to confirm that problem of late is the ridiculous wait time to boot. I use either Start8 or Classic Shell and the problem is a very, very long boot time to get to Icons on the screen.

When the LT boots, it gets to a blank desktop with no icons and a blue spinning wheel. It takes about 5-10 minutes before the icons appear.

I uninstalled Acronis TI 13 and boot time to icons is about 30 seconds, as it had been since new (about 6 months ago).

Please note I have other machines that run on XP and Win7/64 and Acronis does not impede those and makes perfect, reliable backups. Having a full image backup has saved my hide many times.

I just need a reliable backup system for this machine as it's for my wife and I'm not always around to futz with it.

As for those who say why did I choose to upgrade to Windows 8? I did not, new systems ONLY come with Win8, sorry. If I had a choice, I'd have Win7/64 since by now, it's fairly stable.

Hope this helps those with the missing icons and the eternal spinning wheel on Win8.

3. Rich M

Rich M Registered Member

Well look at the bright side at least you didn't have to reinstall Windows after installing Acronis 2013 like I did on a new Sony laptop a few months ago when it failed to boot only to find out System restore was defaulted to disabled!

4. valnar

valnar Registered Member

People still use Acronis?

Ever since it failed to even recognize my .tib files that I was creating for months on end, I switched to a different product and never looked back.

5. Gorkster

Gorkster Registered Member

After all the documented problems with Acronis True Image over the past, what, 2-3 years I'm surprised anyone is falling for that mess of a piece of software anymore. Granted, I don't know how many of the literally hundreds of posts they removed from their forums during the "pruning period," so there may not be as much data readily available as there once was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.