upated drivers for sata

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by triplem, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triplem

triplem Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image Workstations v9 biuld 3633. I am trying to restore an image taken from an IDE to a new PC which has a SATA drive. Acronis has given me a message saying 'Unsupported Disk drive'.

I would like to know how does Acronis up with new hardware drivers and what do I do if Acronis does not support my disk drive, be it a SATA, SATA2 or SCSI?

Peter Daniel

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. staicomp

staicomp Registered Member

Hello Alexander

Please have a look at this image:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3787/sata2festplattenzc7.png

Have You had an upload, to reactivate my Acronis true Image 9.0 for Windows XP?
    This software isn`t able anymore,to see the harddisk-partitions, only the external usb-disks.
    So I`can`t use the recovery in an emergency.

Best regards
    staicomp

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  4. staicomp

Hello Alexander

This one doesn`t work:SnapAPI_l_s_e

Regards

staicomp

5. triplem

triplem Registered Member

Alexander,

I have downloaded the file you supplied the link for.
    You said install this file - where am I installing to. I can't install it on to the new PC as it is the new drive that cannot be seen by TI9. Do you want me to install it on to the PC that the image came from? If I do that what does it do?

I was looking through the forum and noted a lot reference to BartPE. I was thinking of tryin to use BartPe but the pluggin for TI9 in BartPE is not compatiable with my build number.

Any help appreciiated.

Pete

6. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Good Morning tripplem

The SnapAPI file needs to be installed on the machine that is having issues detecting your hard disks. It installs automatically you don't chose where it installs to. You just need to run it with disabled logging on the problem box.

As for what it does, it is a separate installer for some of the Acronis drivers, Notably the SnapAPI drivers which are responsible for disk access.

Bart PE is all well and fine if you've got a system that won't boot from the Acronis bootable CD, or performs badly while booted from it. It won't however fix any issues you have imaging while within windows.

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Unit01 is correct when he says BartPE will not change anything when running from within Windows.

However, to address your comment above about an incompatible plugin, are you downloading the one from the Acronis site? If so, I believe it is for version 8. You have the correct BartPE plugin contained in your TI distribution file. You have to do a complete install for it to be placed in a folder on your HD if you wish to use it.

8. Acronis Support

Hello triplem,

We are sorry that Alexander was not accurate enough in his explanation.

I believe you use Acronis True Image Bootable CD to perform the restoration. If so please make sure that the Bootable CD is created with the latest build (3718 ) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took to restore the image. Did you plug both hard drives to the first computer or you use Acronis True Image Bootable CD to boot the target computer and then tried to restore the image?

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;

- Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Plug both IDE and SATA hard drives to the computer;

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please also provide the exact error message you have received when tried to restore the image.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Also please note that since you are going to restore the image to a new computer (new hardware) you may experience problems while booting the new (restored) computer. In this case we may recommend that you use Acronis Universal Restore plug-in for Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation to overcome these problems. Acronis Universal Restore technology provides an efficient solution for hardware-independent system restoration by replacing the crucial Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) and mass storage device drivers. You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis Universal Restore in conjunction with Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation in Chapter 3.7 "Acronis Universal Restore" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  9. Acronis Support

Hello staicomp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers for German version of Acronis True Image, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the issue persists, please enable logging by SnapAPI program, reproduce the program failure and send us the "snapapi.log" file which is located at C:\. You can also use Windows Search tool (available in Start menu) to find this file.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please also make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management by following Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  10. staicomp

Hello Alexandr

The problem persists.It is possible to create the acronis secure zone and the startup recovery manager on the partition d: of my first harddisk, but after trying to start the recovery (reboot-F11-Acronis loader) - the partition of my harddisks aren`t seen.My external usb-disk, where I`ve my recovery file, is renamed C: and the other usb-disks are renamed too - E: F:G: -

I hope, that the error can be found.

best regards
    staicomp

11. Acronis Support

Hello staicomp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Thank you for the clarifications. As far as I understand the issue persists when you use the standalone version of Acronis True Image, namely when booting your computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD or when using Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. Therefore, could you please include the parameter "acpi=off noapic" into Acronis Startup Recovery Manager configuration file as it is described in this post. After that activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager using Activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager wizard accessible via the main program window and see if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, please create Acronis True Image Bootable CD using the latest build (3694) of the German version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home as it is described in Chapter 9. "Creating bootable media" of the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide. Then create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Provide the exect model and vendor of the hard drive you use. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

If you have already submitted the request please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

12. staicomp

Hello Alexandr

It is not possible to create the "acronis secure zone" on the partition c: of my first SATA harddisk, but only on D: of my first SATA harddisk.
    After updating ATI 10.0 to build 4850, there is the following error message after changing the F11.cfg in this way:

start]
    echo Starting Acronis True Image...
    initrd ramdisk.dat /s
    kernel kernel.dat quiet usbmouse=off
    quiet on
    mbrcrcs on
    vga vesa

[continue]
    sysboot /active

[bootmgr]
    default continue
    delay 30

Starting F11
    command: acpi=off noapic

Error message beginning with:

kernel bug at generic.c:115!
    invalid operand:0000

This is the error message of the screen:

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0300tl5.jpg

My SATA-II Harddisk:SAMSUNG HD 300LJ

Intel(R) ICH8 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2825

Best regards
    staicomp

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  13. Acronis Support

Hello staicomp,

Thank you for the provided information.

Could you please create Acronis True Image Bootable CD using the latest build 4850 of German version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home as it is described in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide. After that please boot your computer from this bootable CD and create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then sent the created report file to Acronis Support Team. This information would let us investigate the issue under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

14. staicomp

Hello Alexandr

Now I have found a partial solution of my problem:

I`ve created a bootable rescue disk on my USB-Stick in the drive I:
    I start my PC with F8, then I can select the drive that should boot first.
    Choosing the CD-ROM Drive G: - with the bootable rescue CD - I get the error message (please look on the screen shot, I`ve sent to You above).

After choosing the USB drive, I can see my hard disk drives C: D: e: f: and can start the recovery.

Best regards
    staicomp

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.