upadate failure notification

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by maaster, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maaster

maaster Registered Member

I am frequently experiencing this problem....I had set my update schedule on a hourly basis....so ESET checks for updates every hour...but I am not connected 24 hrs to internet...so when internet connection is not there ESET displays update failure notification in system tray as well as in main window....this happens even when a successful update has been done during the last hour...this problem was not experienced by me in version 5...I think this also a bug in 6...hope it is rectified..

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please capture the network communication while attempting to update using Wireshark, compress it, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.
    I'd prefer connecting to the computer via TeamViewer as further stuff may be required to determine the source of the problem.

3. maaster

maaster Registered Member

you misunderstood the problem....What I am saying is "update is happening" but since it checks for any updates every hour,if there is internet connection then there is no problem...but if there is no internet connection then there is update failure notification, even if a successful update has been performed during the last hour...I hope you understand the problem...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.