UP-TO-DATE HOSTS FILE???

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheSnowGuy, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

As the topic states.......Am trying to locate an up to date hosts file....mine is as outdated drastically.....

any links appreciated........

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi snowy,

These threads show the latest updates to two of the better ad/spyware-site blocking Hosts files out there...

hpguru's HOSTS File Update 10.18.04

MVPS HOSTS File update (Oct 20, 2004)

They also take different approaches. Hpguru provides a huge file with a great many sites blocked. The MVPS file takes a more minimalist approach, and I believe they talk about that point on their site, ie. some people's systems get slowed down with a very large Hosts file.

Both files are very good and are frequently updated.

3. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

LowWaterMark

Why thank you kind sir.....going get the files in a sec......

say....are you enjoying the "change of colors" in your area.....much be very beautiful.........was out driving in the mountains yesterday....wow....so beautiful.....tress like rainbows.......speaking of rainbows....caught three nice rainbow trout for supper.....cooked over an open camp fire.....made for a very nice day.....

oh..almost forgot......was just reading that there is a worm attacking host files...discovered on the 11th of this month....should be covered by most av's

again thanks ole friend.......wishing you well...as always

that Snowman Guy

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

WOW, that's the old SnowMan :D
    Man, I'm so happy for you !!! :D :) :)

Warm regards, Jan.

5. ThatSnowGuy

ThatSnowGuy Guest

JAN......my dear friend how are youo_O Doing wonderful I sincerely hope.

Yupper....snowie trying real hard...the road is long....a few bumps...some near misses.......but I am hiking down the Pike....seeing where it leads.
    Gaining some weight.....been a very long depressing four years Jan....illness is not my choice for fun times........
    Still "wait and see"

Warm Regards

That Snowman Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.