Unu Gets Kaspersky (again)

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by format_c, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. format_c

format_c Registered Member

Unu Gets Kaspersky (again)

Unu, a Romanian hacker (he who may enjoy the challenge of breaking into other computers but does no harm) who we’ve talked about on the site before has been busy with his fifth demonstrated SQL Injection vulnerability on the web site of a well known company in the last 30 days. This time he has again targeted Kaspersky Labs, the anti-virus vendor that he previously demonstrated web site vulnerabilities for back on February 7th of this year. The sites affected this time around are the Kaspersky Lab sites in Malaysia http://www.kaspersky.com.my and Singapore http://www.kaspersky.com.sg. On both sites it is a news section, news.php, that is vulnerable, leading to the same MySQL database backend, and exposing customer and employee access credentials as well as what appear to be activation keys for Kaspersky Internet Security 2010.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed several Off Topic posts. May I remind all Wilders members to peruse No offense?! Yes, really!! There is no need to offend each other.

Please keep on topic and be civil. Thanks!

JR

3. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

is this the same hacker that made a load of claims of which 99% of them turned out to be untrue?:-ie where he got access to and info he was able to access

4. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Actually, he was able to access, but didn't pursue. He claims because he is hacking to raise awareness, and not for personal gain.

5. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

that wasn't what Kaspersky claimed at the time:-they claimed only access to low level low security info had been gained,claims were made about credit card details of customers etc,which aren't actually handled by Kaspersky but 3rd party billing companies

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  6. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Nah not the billing and credit card info...but everything that had screenshots taken of it was real, but not copied or modified as the independent audit found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.