Untidy uninstalls of V.3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jongie, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jongie

jongie Registered Member

I've just upgraded our three PC's to V.4. Two had V.3 and one had V2.7. As recommended I uninstalled the previous versions before installing V.4

V2.7 uninstalled immediately with no problems. However both PC's with V.3 gave problems - basically the uninstall procedure "stuck" part way through, saying there were 3 seconds left. But that three seconds went on for ever with no progress and in the end I had to stop the process with Task Manager. When I went back to run the Uninstaller, it was still there and the uninstall did then complete. After restarting I deleted the ESET folders, installed V.4 and all's well.

The problem arose on both computers (XP SP3) on which V.3 was installed.

Although I got there eventually, it looks as if there is some basic flaw in the uninstaller.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

v3 uninstalls its drivers very slow (if they are loaded - as it is normally in Windows' Normal mode) . v3 uninstalls very fast when all its stuff is not loaded (as it is in Safe Mode) .

This is not valid for v2 and v4.

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

mine does that, just wait till you see the driver file window flash in top left of screen then will ask you to reboot, v3 as Aspace says v3 always been a little slow at removing driver, i have never seen it fail though. ignore the 3/4/5 seconds remaining thats the waiting part. i guess this is better in v4.

4. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

The slow and long uninstall of version 3 is known and normal where the 3 seconds seems to be forever. Nothing to be alarmed about. Just wait to complete.*puppy*

5. rollers

rollers Registered Member

That is how I recall too. I used to go and make a cup of tea...........when I came back it was done ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.