unprotected items

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by emile77, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emile77

emile77 Registered Member

Hi,
    I've just downloaded SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 and clisked on 'Enable All Protection' , but , at completion it is said that 253 items in 'restricted sites' have protection disabled.
    When I click on 'restricted sites' , items 'coolweb search 1358 through 1612' are highlighted in red.
    Do I have to 'block' them or not ?
    Thanks for any answer and happy new year for everybody !!!

2. chaloots

chaloots Registered Member

I'm experiencing the same, only with 254 of the same CWSearch sites unchecked and still in red.

I've tried using the 'Enable all Protection', right clicking to select all and individually checking all the unprotected red entries (did that twice), and still come up 524 short of full boat coverage.

What else am I missing?

running XP SP1, with current Zone Alarm Pro, AVG a-v, SpyBot, AdAware, SpyWareGuard, WinPatrol, Spy Sweeper and Ewido.

Attached Files:

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Another reason to offer up. When asked why imo spysweeper is a pos program.

5. emile77

emile77 Registered Member

Hi, JAVACOOL ,
    I've read your thread and solved the problem by closing 'SpySweeper' before clicking on 'Enable All Protection' , now it works fine.
    Thanks a lot, emile

6. BerserkerPup

BerserkerPup Registered Member

I'm having the same problem with certain IE and Restricted Sites losing protection each time the computer starts, but I don't have Spy Sweeper installed on my computer.

I've got BOClean, Spywareblaster, Pest Patrol. ZA Free, NAV2002 running all the time, with on-demands being BitDefender AV, a-squared, Ad-Aware & Spybot. Running WinXP SP1.

7. stan135

stan135 Guest

I had the same problem until i shut dow all my virus and spyware protection, then tried to enable all protection. this solved the problem, thanks for all y'all ideas on what to try

8. BerserkerPup

I "solved" my problem by paying for the automatic update, since nothing else was working. Now the program updates and includes everything each time I start-up the computer.

Ah, well, the program is worth the cost...http://www.kolobok.wrg.ru/smiles/standart/yes3.gif

9. steveke

steveke Registered Member

I also had this problem with SpywareBlaster and Spysweeper-however, I do not have it anymore.

When I was reinstalling Spysweeper(see below)-it indicated that SpywareBlaster was attempting to change the entry for "0190-dialers.com"-at first I did not allow-but when I went to look at the unprotected items, I saw that the 0190 was being added to the list of restricted sites-so I disabled protection in SpywareBlaster and then enabled and Spysweeper asked again on 0190 and I allowed, while checking the "always take this action" box. After this I have been able to enable all protection in SpywareBlaster without disabling Spysweeper. It does do it much slower than when the shield is down.

There could also be another problem, which is why I was reinstalling.

There was a glitch in Spysweeper where the IE shield would not remember instructions it had been given by you. This was "corrected" in a new version release. However, if you were still experiencing problems after the upgrade, Spysweeper suggested removing Spysweeper, restarting computer and then installing Spysweeper again.

Which is what I was doing when I hit the 0190 problem above.

If you told Spysweeper to deny the 0190 change and had it "always take this action"-I believe that is what I originally did-you would have to find a way to change this-but since I uninstalled and reinstalled, the "action" was not there.

I do not know how to change this within Spysweeper.

I hope this helps

10. BerserkerPup

Since I've changed various security programs on my computer, i thought that I would disable the automatic update of Spywareblaster since it seems to be the last thing to load when my computer starts up and seems to take the most time, and I also wanted to see if I still had the problem with unchecked protections in IE - which are mainly things like lop.com, etc.

Yup, they're still happening.

I do now have Spy Sweeper on my computer, but I have all protection disabled - I tend to only use it as an on-demand scanner because its resource use is too high and my other programs tend to protect the same items.

I do use Spybot's Immunize function - is that causing an overlap? I really would prefer to manually update Spywareblaster, but don't want to leave a hole in my protection.

Currently running the following real-time on WinXP SP2: NOD32 AV, Comodo FW, SuperAntiSpyware, BOClean, Admuncher, CookiePal.

11. SpiritWind

SpiritWind Registered Member

Spybot Updates

Hi :

Have heard Spybot Updates will "disable" some of SpywareBlaster's
    Items on some people's computers ; should ask them about this on
    THEIR Support Forums at : http:forums.spybot.info .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.