Unprotected items at I.E and SpywareBlaster v3.2

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sikam, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sikam

sikam Registered Member

While i was connected to http://www.mp3fresh.net/ and i was downloading an MP3 file it appeared across the start menu bar a flashing minimized I.E page with the address of something like XXXtoolbar.
    I did not maximized that,in fact i closed it and shortly afterwards another flashing and minimized I.E page appeared that was from Gator.I again closed it and ran immediately Spywareblaster update.
    When the update was over,the program informed me that there were 5 items unprotected and of course i proceeded to re-enable total protection,following Blaster's program instructions.I did not check which these items were,because i was downloading the MP3 file as i said before and i wanted to protect the unprotected items as soon as possible.
    I am curious,however,to know,how it was possible for these items to be found unprotected,since i have uninstalled the Spybot program,that used to disable protection,but only for the SearchFor It item

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Besides XXXtoolbar....which other ones are you speaking of ?

Also....are you using a program named Pest Patrol ?

3. sikam

sikam Registered Member

Gator.Not i am not using the othr thing you mentioned

4. sikam

sikam Registered Member

Bubba:
    i do run SpywareBlaster v3.2,i re-installed Spybot-although DSO exploit still appears as a threat after a scan-and i also run off line,always updated AVG 6.0 Free antivirus program.Of the software you list clicking the link under your message,which is best suited for me?
    My OS is XP,with SP1 and all patches from Microsoft Windows Updates

5. sikam

sikam Registered Member

I forgot to mention that i also have,updated,Spysubtract 2.51

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Does SpySubtract repeatedly detect new items right after you enable SpywareBlaster's protection?

Thanks,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.