Unmount Image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Donprovo, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

I copied an image to my desktop from my external USB drive and disconnected the drive.

The image had three partitions: the C and two hidden Dell partitions. I realize it's impossible for TI8 to explore the hidden partitions so I didn't try.

I wanted to mount just the C partition and assign it a drive letter of K. If I tried to mount the C partition with either or both of the hidden partitions TI8 would fail to complete the operation.

TI8 refused to allow me to assign a drive letter of my choosing. Each time I unchecked the two hidden partitions the assignment option disappeared.

I clicked proceed and mounted the image anyway and TI8 assigned it E even though I didn't want it to be E.

I explored and copied the files I wanted and then tried to delete the mounted E image that I was done with.

It was impossible to trash it because I kept getting the message it was still in use even though it wasn't.

I had to restart the computer and then I could trash it. No big deal.

But, is there anyway to unmount and get rid of the image without restarting the machine?

PS - I'm using build 826

Last edited: Jun 18, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Donprovo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

It is impossible to mount the image of so-called EISA configuration (the hidden service partitions) and Acronis True Image would refuse mounting the image of it even if you want to mount these partitions along with normal ones.

The problem with drive letters is known and our Development Team is working on it. Currently Acronis True Image chooses the first letter that is not used. The problem with unmounting seems to be resulted from the fact that it was still used though you didn't use it anymore. Some files could be used by operating system or some applications.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.