?Unlock?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Unlock, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello microbob and DavidUK,

I have found your letters and let you know the result of my contacting our Development Team.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

2. pakeha

pakeha Registered Member

Hi Team

It is hard to imagine what is going on down at the “Development Centre”? Why release 789 when it is already reported as being just as broken as 788? What do you have to be consuming to have such a brain explosion?
    Please listen to us! It is broken! We are telling the truth! Please fix the problem before releasing another broken build.
    Please just do what so many are telling you to do and I am sure you will see the problem. If ZoneLabs can get it to work, surely you mob can.

3. mrtee

mrtee Registered Member

PE build 788 gave me the same problem.

Downloaded and installed build 789 and it worked for me, ie no enter license window after scanning and before removal of cookies.

4. microbob

microbob Registered Member

I re downloaded build 789 from the download product updates page and it seems OK. Spyware scan found some cookies and it removed them with asking for my license# to unlock the program. Acronis must have replaced the file because I noticed that the file name is different than the one I downloaded on Sunday directly from Acronis email support even though they were both build #789.

5. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Re: Image Restore Taking Forever (18 hours so far)

You said "removed them with asking for my license# to unlock the program" did you mean "without"? Is the problem fixed in 789?

Thanks

6. microbob

microbob Registered Member

Sorry typo.. I meant without asking. I recommend that if you were having the unlock problem please download the file again.

7. Vasquez

Vasquez Guest

Acronis,

I have downloaded 789 and it has STILL not fixed this problem for me.

I got sick and tired of using 748 because of the 'Program hangs on first execution' problem and now I can't use 788\789 either because of this.

Basically I am now unable to use PE8 and I am getting very frustrated and very annoyed at your lack of response and attention to this problem...

You ALWAYS tell people to make sure they are running the latest version and I have done this, twice in-fact, yet here we are two weeks down the line and still no resolution...

8. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

FWIW
    Build 789 fixed the problem for me. :) Thanks Acronis but it should not have happened. o_O
    John

9. DavidUK

DavidUK Registered Member

I downloaded build 789 this evening.

I performed an upgrade installation over build 788, it installed without errors but did NOT fix the licence key entry problem when challenged after clicking PROCEED on the spyware scan.

I then completely removed Privacy Expert, rebooted and installed build 789 as a new install. It requested and I entered the v8.0 key and my v7.0 key and accepted both. It still failed with the same key problem on the spyware scan.

I then completely removed Privacy Expert, rebooted and installed build 748 as a new install. It requested and I entered the v8.0 key and my v7.0 key and accepted both. It performed a correct spyware scan and removed the spyware without asking for a key (as expected).

I then performed an upgrade installation of build 789 over the base 748 installation and it installed without errors and then performed a correct spware scan AND removed the spyware without asking for any key.

Conclusion

The correction made in build 789 is not completely valid in that it must make some assumptions which are not valid in all cases, OR the de-install is not completely effective and it takes a reinstall of a correct release to wipe the carry-over effect.

Acronis need to be more thorough in the problem analysis and corrections.

Hope this helps anyone still in trouble !!!! :)

10. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please try the following workaround to resolve your problem
    1) Uninstall Acronis Privacy Expert Suite.
    2) Install the 748 build.
    3) Install the 789 build over the 748 one.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

11. Vasquez

Vasquez Guest

Irina,

From your quote stating there is a workaround, I assume a new build fixing this problem will be posted shortly.

IMO, whilst the TI9 debacle goes on, you have neglected your other customers...

I no longer have 748, so therefore am unable to use this workaround. Even if I did, I think it us unacceptable that this issue has not had top priority (after all, it IS stopping customers from using a product they paid for!).

12. Acronis Support

Hello Vasquez,

We are really sorry for the inconveniences. This problem will be certailny fixed. Please send me PM with the confirmation of the purchase (order or serial number) I will provide you with the link to download 748 build.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

13. Vasquez

Vasquez Guest

Whilst I respect Acronis' decision to make PE9 a free download to PE8 users, I am still experiencing this problem with PE9.

I uninstalled PE8 completely, ran a registry cleaner that removed all left over PE8 keys, installed PE9 then re-booted.

I then ran a Spyware scan and just as it was about to remove the items, I was prompted to enter my key, but it wouldn't accept it (I tried both PE8 & PE9 keys).

Same problem, the OK button isn't enabled so I can't proceed...

14. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, All

I was have a play around today with bit cleaning, anyway I had the can not access serial number [key] or something simler, after I had inputed my two keys from [PES8 then 7] pressed next the install started then came to a halt with the key warning.

The cause of mine was me not disabling Ghost Security Suite but just having it exited [shutdown but not disabled].

Which was easyerly fixed with a reboot and along with Disabling GSS, in stalled with no trouble.

SO

I hope this is of some help to someone?

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

15. Acronis Support

Hello Vasquez,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread.

We will investigate the problem and certainly provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

16. Vasquez

Vasquez Guest

Apologies I haven't replied sooner and thanks for the info.

Unfortunately I have tried all sorts of combinations, disabling NAV 2005 on install and whilst running and nothing seems to work. I've also tried clean installs as well as upgrades, and they didn't work either.

I've sent all this info to Acronis so I'll post back when I have a fix.

17. Acronis Support

Hello Vasquez,

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

18. Vasquez

Vasquez Guest

Hi Kirill,

It's 446687.

19. Acronis Support

Hello Vasquez,

As I can see our Development Team is still working on your problem and we will do our best in order to contact you with a possible workaround as soon as possible. We will highly appreciate if you wait for a few days more to let us complete the investigation. Please accept our profound apologies for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

20. Vasquez

Vasquez Guest

Hi Kirill,

Any news as it's been nearly four weeks now and I've not heard a thing (in-fact it's been nearly four months since I originally posted about this!!!!).

Getting very frustrated...

21. Acronis Support

Hello Vasquez,

I've highlighted this issue to our Development Team once again. I will let you know when the investigation will be completed.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.