Unlock Code Doesn't Work!

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by DAMOX, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAMOX

DAMOX Registered Member

Greetings,

I purchased Port Explorer some time ago. Today I downloaded the latest version of Port Explorer from the members area and installed it in the same place as my previous version. After rebooting my sytem, I click on Port Explorer and it brings up the registration dialogue. Of course that is expected, so I entered the unlock code that I obtain from the members area, and clicked "OK". I got a popup message that said "Error". I tried it several times and kept getting the same error. Still I get the same message. When I click OK on that popup, it takes me back to the initial Port Explorer Registration dialogue box.

The message in the main box says,
    "The evaluation of Diamond CS Port Explorer has expired as it has been used more than 50 times longer than 30 days. Please uninstall the Port Explorer Evaluation Version and install the registered version to continue using Port Explorer.

I've tried uninstalling Port Explorer, restarting my computer, and reinstalling. Still the problem remains. Has my license for Port Explorer expired? Any ideas?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Let me ask what is perhaps an obvious question. Are you entering the entire unlock code? It's pretty long - mine's somewhat greater than 255 characters in length and I recall I once had a problem with a poor cut/paste on my part.

Blue

3. dong

dong Guest

Let try!
    1-If you copy your unlock code from DCS website member area to a text editor like notepad.exe (ms), please not use "wordwrap", otherwise it is a problem when using it to register since some special characters are added to the text.
    2-Even not using "wordwrap" turned on when pasting/saving the code into a text editor, there is some different chars/combo chars to be used to mark "end of file" or "end of line" which might be different from this editor to others.
    3-Might be after pasting & saving the code to a text file, when copying it back, it might be some extra blanks copied by mistakes.
    4-Asking for new unlockkey.

Anything else?

4. DAMOX

DAMOX Registered Member

Well perhaps I'm missing something, but the unlock code that I obtained from the DiamondCS members area for Port Explorer, isn't very long. It seem to me that I remember using that unlock code before, but it's been a while.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You mean the short unlock code tehn?
    Maybe it's not the code but the fact of reformatting or whatever, i'm not sure now what's happening

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You did not uninstall the former version or the dll was still running?
    You could try to uninstall it all completely, and see that the dll is unregistered with that action (first of all close PE of course)
    then make sure in the PE directory also the capture.bin has gone, reboot, install the latest complete full version again and try again, and you'll have to reboot after installing.
    Hope all goes better with that.

Thought there was a longer key and a shorter unlock code to be pasted in the proper locations?

7. DAMOX

DAMOX Registered Member

Yes it's short! It's short enough in fact, that there is no need to copy and paste it, although, I've tried that too. Well I just thought I'd ask. I can contact Tech Support, but I figured I'd check out the forum first.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Dan

8. DAMOX

DAMOX Registered Member

OK, I'll try that. Thanks!

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

There have been codes with some problems so indeed best email support, i'm sorry we couldn't help you. Uninstalling completely, cleaning out registry and reinstalling and reboot did not help either?
    Thought the code is not that short though!

10. DAMOX

DAMOX Registered Member

Apparently the problem was that last summer I had e-mailed Tech Support and asked them to change my e-mail address. I did so because the old one was replaced when my ISP merged. Tech Support did so, or so I thought, because when I access the members area using the new e-mail address, it shows Port Explorer as one of the products I purchased. I had e-mail tech support because I'd reloaded my computer and reinstalled Port Explorer. At that time I must have logged onto the member area and surely I would have done so with my new e-mail address, and I am sure I would have used that Unlock Code to unlock Port Explorer. At least I think I did. At any rate, since that unlock code is not working, just to see what would happen, I logged on using my old e-mail address (which doesn't exist any longer), and it had a completely different Unlock Code! That one (the long one that you referred to) worked! Apparently, they didn't really put everything under one account as I had requested. Even though Port Explorer shows up as one of the purchased products when I log on with my current e-mail address, it doesn't contain a valid Unlock Code. Oh well, at least I figured it out.

Thanks again for all the help.

Dan

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

At this moment from your posting it is not clear for me if you do or do not have a valid unlock / key code at the moment.
    So please email support@diamondcs.com.au with the old and the new email address and mention this trhead so they can post a valid key / unlock code for you there in your members area. that will solve all the problem i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.