Unknown process appears.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by KittyUser, Aug 31, 2016.

1. KittyUser

KittyUser Registered Member

Just today I have come across an unknown startup process that was not there yesterday, I did check the MSconfig and such yesterday it weasn't there...then today it has appeared on the list. Does anyone know what this service is used for and/or why it is there (suddenly)? No software have I changed or done any changes otherwise. Google yields no result.

Sync Host_81d681

Attached Files:

2. kronckew

kronckew Registered Member

legit = part of microsoft 'one drive' cloud storage, official name is OneSyncSvc. part of win10 as well.
    Capture 001.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  3. syrinx

syrinx Registered Member

As Kronk said, it's legit. Windows 10 has several services that create seemingly random strings for users which is likely why your google search didn't have any results as the stuff after _ won't be the same. These include UserDataSvc, UnistoreSvc, PimIndexMaintenanceSvc, OneSyncSvc, MessagingService & CDPUserSvc. Basically related to 'Unistack'.

That said, In my limited tests with Win10, I've encountered no issues disabling the parent services using strictly a local account. I suspect if you use Store or a MS Account on your PC some might be required for everything to work as intended so I wouldn't suggest the normal user go around disabling them.

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

OneSyncSvc is related to One Drive obviously (and Windows Mail) and the rest of the bunch is probably for touch glass devices, can be safely disabled.

sc config OneSyncSvc start= disabled

sc config CDPUserSvc start= disabled
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\PimIndexMaintenanceSvc" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\UserDataSvc" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\UnistoreSvc" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.