Unknown App

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by BuzzStone, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuzzStone

BuzzStone Registered Member

I have the following application that I found in Task Scheduler: prvlzwkb. It is located in Windows System32 Rundll32.exe - nnnoNffg.dll. I have no idea what it does and cannot find any info on it. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

3. BuzzStone

BuzzStone Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Tarq57. I did some more googling after my post and found the info you have posted. I have scanned with MBAM, SAS, MSE and all comes up clean.

4. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I reckon it's there, but cloaking itself. Such process names bear similarities to those used by rootkits. Or polymorphic malware.
    Either way, you'll need to find a way to stop it or uncloak it before it can be recognized and eliminated for good.
    Not my province, sorry, not trained/knowledgeable enough to confidently help others, there are folk here that are, and plenty of malware removal forums that can help, too. (MajorGeeks, Bleeping computer, Aumha etc. There's a sticky about that Here.

5. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Spybot should clean Vundo variants.

6. ha14

ha14 Registered Member

Hi

Download Hijackthis and do a scan and save the log file, then post here so someone can help you. Alternatively download superantispyware and malwarebytes antimalware. Instal both of them the reboot in safe mode and then scan first with superantispyware, then reboot normal and clean. Repeat the same with malwarebtres antimalware. Good luck.

7. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

I do believe forum policies forbid posting of HjT logs here :) unless specifically requested by forum staff member or other expert, see this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42148

8. catcherintherye

catcherintherye Registered Member

9. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.