Universal Restore from Uniprocessor to Multiprocessor HAL

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mango2, Dec 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mango2

mango2 Registered Member

Hi all and a very merry happy jolly to you,

I am considering purchasing ATI server with UR to enable the migration of a Windows Small Business Server 2003 to new hardware.

Current system uses an ACPI uniprocessor motherboard, and I wish to transfer to an ACPI multiprocessor one.

Is this possible using UR and what issues if any would I be facing on a HAL level?

Changing the HAL in SBS2003 will result in a non-supported product by Microsoft and seems to be frowned upon. It 'may' also lead to future issues with new hardware and software installations.

I would like comments from Acronis on this if possible.

Anyone here with success stories?

Many thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mango2,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that Acronis Universal Restore allows you to add the drivers (critical for booting) of your new hardware.

You can transfer your system from ACPI uniprocessor motherboard to ACPI multiprocessor one using Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows and Acronis Universal Restore.

You can find the detailed information in User’s Guide

We may also recommend you to use a trial version in order to make sure that the program runs flawless for you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.