universal restore - beginners question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gertrud09, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gertrud09

gertrud09 Registered Member

I have TI_v8 in use for some time and I'm quite satisfied with the ease of use.
    What bothers me is the re-installation in case of hardware failure. That's why I think about TIworkstation 9.1 + universal restore.

A few qwustions occured:

1) What is the process of image creation with universal restore in mind ?
    the acronis website describes how to restore but how to create an image for later use with universal restore.

1a)The background is, wether there are difference in an image itself for standard use with the same hardware or for universal restore ? If differences exist, this would mean to have 2 images - one for restoration on same hardware and one for restoration on a different hardware.

1b) or is universal restore involved only during installation on new hardware ?

2) the forum reports several problems with UV even in the latest TI 9.1 version. Are these problems fixed ?

3) is there any "money back" option from Acronis if I buy UV blindly (no demo available ? Does this mean, Acronis believe it works everywhere or simply a trap, because it doesn't work and don't want the user notice this before purchase ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gertrud09,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that one of the benefits of Acronis Universal Restore is that it can be used “after the fact”. Namely, it is not necessary to create an image with the option, you can restore any image of the system to different hardware. Therefore, if you do not need the Acronis Universal Restore functionality right now you can purchase it later.

Acronis Universal restore involved when you perform the restoration to the new hardware. You can find more information on how to use Acronis Universal Restore in conjunction with Acronis True Image in chapter 3.7 "Acronis Universal Restore" in the User's Guide for the respective version of Acronis True Image.

Please note that the issues with the product might occur under different circumstances, therefore, we recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation to see how the software works on your computer. Be aware that as I stated in this previous post, the trial version of Acronis Universal Restore is not available on Acronis web site. Please follow the instructions provided in the mentioned post to obtain the trial version of the product. Acronis offers all of its products for evaluations and recommends that you do not purchase software until you have fully evaluated the product to ensure it meet your needs.

Should you experience any issues with Acronis Software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.