Unintentionally stopped Snapshot copy

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by vinn, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinn

vinn Registered Member

Mistakenly stopped copying of a snapshot by pressing Enter key to remove screen saver. Pressed Enter key to view how copy process was going. Most copying was done because copying had ran overnight. What should I do about this and how can I remove a screensaver without pressing Enter key?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

just move your mouse and the screensaver should go away. Why would it take so long to take a snap shot. I make a snapshot with 19.8GB and it only takes about 25 minutes useing FDISR. You might want to remove the partial snapshot and create a new one to be sure it will work. If you disconnect from the Internet and turn your Antivirus off before you start to create the snapshot it will create the snapshot a bit faster.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  3. vinn

vinn Registered Member

Thanks.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I think any key will stop the screensaver. Just use safe keys, like the Shift-key or Ctrl-key, but certainly not the Enter-key.
    Some users seem to look for the ANY-key, which doesn't exist on the keyboard of course. :)

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I'll bet it would if you started doing useability tests and got after the keyboard manufacturers, Erik.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.