Uninstalling

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by FScottFitzgerald, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FScottFitzgerald

FScottFitzgerald Registered Member

ESET Security Smart 6 will not go away. I used it's uninstall feature, but it left multiple files in my C drive and when I try to do another uninstall it says I have the latest version. I've checked my uninstaller program--should've used that from the beginning--but the ESET program is not listed, nor is it listed in uninstall programs in Windows 7.

I just want it gone. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. jolt2

jolt2 Registered Member

The following page and file helped me to uninstall the program after a bad install from the web installer for ESS. I was then able to install the program from the full download. I found out that you should not use the web installer as other people have had troubles with it.

Anyways, read the instructions, print them out to follow, and then do it. Be sure to start your windows in "Safe Mode" by pressing the F8 key as your computer is booting as the directions said.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289

p.s. On the part of the screen that shows "Installed AV products:", I had 3 lines listed and I removed all 3 to clean it out. That was different then the instructions which only show 1 item to remove. Yours may be different. It did work so good luck! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.