Uninstalling True Image 9.0 Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MaxHeadroom, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxHeadroom

MaxHeadroom Registered Member

I've just purchased a new PC with the Vista OS and am in the process of installing all my software onto my new machine before dispatching my old PC to PC heaven.

I have installed my version of True Image v9.0 onto my new machine before reading that it is not Vista compatible. The problem now is that I am unable to uninstall it. It goes through the uninstall process then wants to reboot the computer. It then won't reboot saying there were problems and goes through the restore process, leaving me with this version of True Image still on my PC.

If I am unable to remove v9.0, can I upgrade to v10 by installing it over the top of v9.0 or will this cause more problems?

Any advice would be appreciated. :mad: :mad:

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That might work, but I'd wait until Acronis Tech Support answers.

If you haven't opened a Tech Support item with Acronis, I'd do thay while waiting.

GroverH's reference for manually removing TI 9 is for operating systems other than Vista, so it may not apply correctly.

The first thing to do is to protect yourself so that things don't get worse The Acronis TI 9 Recpvery CD can be used to make an image of a Vista machine. (TI is not installed when you use the CD, so it will work.)

I suggest that you use the Recovery CD to make a backup image of your entire hard drive where Vista is installed. If there is more than one partition, include all the partitions in the backup image.

You will then be able to return to this point if a procedure to remove the installed TI 9 fails and try another procedure.

In addition to trying to install TI 10 over TI 9, you could try the Vista System Restore to see if that can take you back to a time before you installed TI 9.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.