Uninstalling TI V9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by charliej5, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charliej5

charliej5 Registered Member

I have an issue with the installation of Norton Personal Firewall 2006 and Symantec Tech Support has determined that there is a conflict between True Image and Symantec. Symantec recommends that I temporarily uninstall True Image and then attempt to install Norton Personal Firewall.

I have TI backups (2 per week) and of course will make another one before uninstalling TI.

My question is this: if Norton Personal Firewall 2006 hoses my system AGAIN, will I encounter any difficulty in restoring my computer to previous state using the latest image backup? I do have a bootable rescue disk and will make another just prior to uninstalling TI.

I know that I am being overly cautious, but Norton has trashed my system 2 times previously and I don't wish to do something foolish to appease Symantec tech support.

Many thanks.
    Charlie

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We do not expect any issues with the restoration of your system using Acronis True Image 9.0 Bootable CD. The work of this CD does not depend on any software installed under your operating system.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. noonie

noonie Registered Member

Back in the dos days Norton was considered one of the best, if not the best utility. Today, any of ther Norton products are widely frowned upon as mass marketed bloatware that can easily trash a system. Google to substantiate.

If you don't have a router, use one as a hardware firewall, even if just on one pc. Cheaper and better than Norton and would eliminate all possible software conflicts.

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

What! You mean I'm not the only one who wouldn't touch a Norton product "with a 10-foot pole"! :rolleyes:

As I always say, "Why use Norton where there are perfectly viable alternatives out there, which also happen to be FREE"!

And yes ... in the pre-Symantec days it was a good product.

5. charliej5

charliej5 Registered Member

Thank you all for your insights.

Sadly, I have to agree that the comments about Norton products are valid.
    I have used "Norton" for more years than I can remember (and still do- System Works 2005 with System Works 2006 waiting to be installed in July 2006.) However, I think that I will call it quits.

At this moment the "fix" by Symantec did not work - only trashed my system again. Acronis TI to the rescue....again.

I am going to pursue the router approach and get out of the firewall business.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Charlie

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Without wishing to advertise a particular product, I have had no problems running Acronis True Image (and Acronis Disk Director Suite) in conjunction with ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.