Uninstalling Spyware terminator...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PhoenixWeb, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhoenixWeb

PhoenixWeb Registered Member

Hi

I am trying to uninstall ST, but there is no option to uninstall in the programme files folder, and ST isn't listed in add & remove programmes, which seems strange...

The programme is running fine. I am only uninstalling as I had a good deal on SUPERantispyware PRO.

Any ideas?

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Why do you want to uninstall ST? just simply because of SAS Pro? IMO, as I understand(correct me if needed), SAS Pro w/ real time monitor is very good at high profile malwares, while ST(freeware) w/ real time sacanner is well positioned to deal w/ smaller creatures. I often term them this way; SAS Pro is FBI's Major Crime unit, while ST is your local sheriff's break/enter squard. They all do the jobs which are assigned to do. If no conflicts, no resource surge, I would keep them BOTH. Just my peso sense.:)

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The bottom line is no single product can catch everything on a given day. I would not go as far as saying SAS only gets the "major" infections as we process thousands and thousands of "little" samples per week also - each company receives and harvests different sets of samples so they each will get different infections on a given day. ST and SAS can co-exist on the same system.

If the user is using SAS Pro for real-time, it would be fine to use ST as an on-demand "backup" scanner. It's always good to have multiple layers of protection.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

erm sorry to burst your bubble nick but spyware terminator is only good for realtime.
    you right no one product can protect against everything but nick you sure try your best.
    lodore

5. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Sometimes a reinstall will do the trick

6. PhoenixWeb

You are absolutely right, but I use the free AVG antispyware for on demand scanning, so I have no need for Spyware Terminator anymore. I also use AntiVir Personal Premium which has pretty good antispyware detection for an antivirus...

7. PhoenixWeb

Good idea, thanks Texcritter.... I'll give a it a go tomorrow!

8. PhoenixWeb

Tried that, and it worked a treat!

Thanks very much!

9. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Your welcome, glad you got sorted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.