Uninstalling NOD32 Help please

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by six-h, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. six-h

six-h Registered Member

I've inherited an old lappy running XP Home SP3
    It has a Celeron 2GHz CPU, running with 512MB RAM (16MB shared with graphics) and a 20GB HDD.
    It was last switched on in December 2007!
    I'm trying to get it up to date and removing old apps. amongst which was NOD32, which I "uninstalled".
    To my surprise, whilst browsing the "C" drive, I came across a file called "ESET" containing an "007" file, and an install folder, surely these should have been deleted during the un-install process?

Is it safe to just delete them manualy??
    It's only 9.92MB, but I need to re-claim as much HDD space as I can! lol

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

And old computer used by someone else - it is always the best to format the hard drive and reinstall Windows , and start from the beginning . You'll know it is 100% clean , it is 100% working OS and the files will be all yours.

3. six-h

six-h Registered Member

How I wish that I had the original installation disks, the task would have been so much easier!:'(

So, not knowing why the un-installer left this folder behind, do I delete it or not o_O??

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I would suggest copying the files off to a CD-R or USB flash drive and then deleting them from the C: disk volume. That way, if you need them for some reason they can be restored.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. six-h

six-h Registered Member

Followed your advice, but forgot where these files lived lol, so I've bined them!
    No obvious detriment.

However, like thousands of other poor MS bound saps, I'm experiencing problems with "Defender" hogging resources to the point that my little lappy is all but unuseable.
    viewing the history, there are several instances of something listed as "Isp:imon.dll".
    I believe this is another remnant of NOD32 that has not been removed.
    How do I rid myself of it, and will it's removal be detrimental to my machine?

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Try issuing a "REGSVR32.EXE /U IMON.DLL" command at a Command Prompt (filename: CMD.EXE), then move the file to a USB flash drive for safekeeping until you are sure the system operates as normal.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. six-h

six-h Registered Member

Thanks Aryeh,
    I'll try that and let you know if I have any further difficulty!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.