Uninstalling EMET.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Red Moon, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Does anybody know an effective way to uninstall EMET or if not then how to disable it as i cant find any way to do either of these things.
    Please help.:blink:

2. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

1. Reconfigure the currently installed EMET to recommended settings, and remove any apps from EMET's protective list then re-start computer.

2. Uninstall EMET and restart the Apps/Computer one more time.

That would be my safe way of doing it.

3. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

If you are unable to uninstall it through Add/Remove programs [that seems to work well with EMET owner MSI uninstaller] and you haven't traced their install with a snapshot based uninstaller (e.g. ZSoft, Total Uninstall, Full Uninstall), I advice:

► Install again EMET with their MSI installer; then uninstaller with Add/Remove feature.

Always restart when needed.

4. The Red Moon

Problem im having is my computer does not even recognise that EMET is installed.
    Comodo programs manager said it was uninstalled but it is still on my machine.
    Reason i wish to uninstall is to try exploitshield or do these two work together ok.?
    Thanks.

5. newbino

newbino Registered Member

According to the developer, yes

6. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

7. The Red Moon

8. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

When you first installed Microsoft EMET, did you install it for the administrator account only, or for all users?

Unless something went wrong with your installation, I'd guess you installed it only for the administrator account, and that you're running in a standard/limited user account, which would be why you can't see a way to uninstall it.

To uninstall it, you'd have to login in your administrator account, and then you'd be able to do it so.

That's what I see in my system. I installed for the administrator account only, and therefore I can't see a way to remove it from the standard user account either. Only if I go to my administrator account I can remove it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.