uninstalling acronis?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lodore, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello,
    in program files i had acronis true image home and acronis true image.
    so i went to add/remove program and uninstalled true image home
    ok done.
    now i still have acronis true image installed.
    and i cant find an entrie in add/remove program
    also this means acronis Acronis Scheduler Helper and Scheduler process is still running.
    i just want to completely uninstall the other true image install from my pc.

thanks in advance
    lodore

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

this shows the files in acronis folder in program files
    i used these instuctions
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=773771&postcount=8
    found in the other uninstall acronis thread.
    now there are no acronis processes running.
    since i unistalled acronis true image home from program files and stopped and uinstalled the services.
    can i now delete the folder shown in the screenshot?
    ive got a problem with step 4
    4.) Remove Acronis SnapAPI drivers:

- Removing automatically: Download the standalone SnapAPI installer, run it and select Uninstall Acronis Drivers (unpack the downloaded ZIP archive and execute the MSI file).
    i executed the msi file but it doesnt give me an option to uninstall.
    i know its still installed since i checked in autoruns
    and i dont want to do it manualy
    lodore

Attached Files:

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

this arrows show the only acronis stuff left on my pc so i just need help removing those. other than the true image folder located in program files.
    when i rebooted i had to use last known good.
    im am not happy at all with acronis.
    and this means one acronis process is still runing called Acronis Scheduler 2.
    lodore

Attached Files:

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

after i uninstalled it acronis and used the tool located in this thread
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=773771&postcount=8
    to delete the left acronis service. then i rebooted the pc to make sure its all gone but it couldnt load windows so had to use last known good.
    can someone help me safetly remove the stuff shown in auto runs screenshot and the acronis scheduler helper service.
    i also think after using the last known good configaration the tib monitor still has registry entires shown in autoruns.
    then i need to delete the one acronis folder in program files.
    im afraid of folowing the steps in that thread above since laast time i had to
    use last know good because windows wouldnt boot.
    i just want to safely fully uninstall acronis reboot then do a clean install of paragon which i purchased yesterday
    lodore

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  5. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I'm not sure why you are afraid to follow the steps ....

Just use your Acronis CD to make a full image. You can then restore if necessary. Delete the acronis folders and then use regedit to remove all refs to acronis. Anything left will not be running.

As I have reported on your other thread I have found no conflict between Acronis and paragon. I know you have had problems with Acronis before which makes me think your real problem is an unstable system which needs a reformat and reinstall before you try to run either Acronis or Paragon.

Good luck

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

lots of people have had problem withs corropt images with acronis it doesnt mean my system is unstable in anyway.
    im sure i can make the images fine with paragon when i get the winpe recovery cd sent to me.
    also neither of my pc's will boot from the acronis recovery cd.
    i have burnt like 4 of them and none of them boot.
    but the paragon cd made with pack and burn wizard boots fine.
    also if you read the posts by Easter you will see that he had tons of problems with acronis and in the end switched to paragon and paragon works fine for him.
    so there is no way i want to reinstall windows and reimport 10gb of music just because of acronis not uninstalling propersly.
    also about the only thing that isnt in paragon is the option to choose hot processing and support should be able to tell me why.
    lodore

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  7. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Some have had problems with corrupt images - the vast majority have not.
    Many find that Acronis, paragon, FD-ISR ..... all play happily together.

Having noted that you have been having problems for some time I suggested that you take the easy way out and format re-install. I'm not trying to say that Acronis is better than Paragon, or that Paragon is better than acronis - just that
    now that your machine has developed problems it might be a good idea to start again. My guess is that if you did so you would find that both Acronis and Paragon would work just fine and then you could use either or both.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i understand your thoughts.
    the problem is that i would have to reimport around 10gb of music in to sonic stage. then reinstall all my other programs and put my sister's 10gb documents and sims stuff back in.
    i know that in the long run the pc would work better with only the programs i want and no program remandents. i will consider this but atm i just dont have the time.
    after reading how much trouble easter had with uninstalling acronis as well it seems its a problem with acronis.
    I ddont know why i havent ditched acronis earlier since it has been creating corropt images for ages.
    also it has always annoying me that it haas 4 processes autorun.
    which makes it to norton bloated ish....
    to sum up i have made my bed and acronis isnt sleeping in it no more:D
    which means i would not want to install it on a fresh install.
    IMO paragon is better and works for me.
    i just need to fully uninstall acronis.

lodore

9. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

Why do you have music and other data on the same partition as Windows? :)
    Aside from that, replace the words "unstable system" with "conflicting software", since everyone's system is different.
    I only use Acronis TI from a boot CD; never actually installed it, and never had a problem. One possibility to check is that the burnable media you are using to burn images is in the format (and in alot of cases, the brand of media itself) supported by your boot CD/DVD drive (i.e. using DVD-R media in an older DVD+R/RW drive, etc.).
    If you can't successfully edit the Registry for Acronis entries, then take the time to backup your media and reformat/reinstall - and next time, create a separate partition or use another drive to store your data, apart from the OS.
    I hope you have better luck with Paragon. :)

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Ok 1.
    i have everything on one partistion because its an oem build pc that the company who bulti it put one partition on it spanning 160gb.... its not good.

after the pc was builti i learned how to partistion computers but it was to late by then since i had beemj using the pc for a while and didnt think i had a windows cd.
    im sure ive used the same brand of cd and same drive to make acronis recovery cd's as i did for paragon.
    except the paragon cd works.
    if i reformated i would have at least 3 partistions.
    system,data,music
    i think i will wait till my winpe recovery cd comes make an image using that to my usb external drive, then remove acronis fully.
    last week i found out i did have a windows cd that is labeled windows recovery cd. which is windows xp home SP2.
    im sure i can install paragon propersly after i have done a backup using the recovery cd and then i can safely remove acronis fully since i will then have a full paragon image incase.
    and your right conflicting software does sound better than unstable system.
    but thinking about it i might do all my backup's using the winpe recovery cd.
    that will ensure they are 100percent perfect with nothing running.
    lodore

Last edited: May 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.