uninstaller that monitors registry

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Incognito, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Tools like ZSoft are not totally safe, because during an analysis it monitors ALL registry changes made, even if those changes were made by other programs that have nothing to do with the actual program you are installing. If you then uninstall the program with ZSoft it will also remove other registry keys that were made during the analysis phase by other programs that ran at that specific time.

2. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

@ Franklin, an interesting exercise. If the PC isn't the same changes are needed, like HKU <User SID>. However logs can help to see the changes that a rogue app. does in files and registry. This help to get rid of rogues and others.
    Like many other app. are not totally safe. E.g.: 1. MS Word: if a user open a doc., changes it and closes Word app., he loses the changed doc.. 2. Returnil: if the system is virtualized (on) the user can save all what he want. But after reboot he loses all changes: he can loses crucial file! In fact both app. are very, very unsafe also... I'm even thinking not to use them anymore... uff...

It's adviced to know how to work with a program; the user can read the helps files e.g.. Many times isn't the app. that is unsafe - is the user that doesn't know to work with it. It's easy to say that the culprit is the app. - but it's better to learn how-to-use before to do on-the-fly conclusions. E.g.: with ZSoft it's easy to use their ignore list; it's easy to edit and delete items in the log; it's adviced not run other app. when the analyze process is running; if the user has a real-time protection app. that can add registry entries, he can (if he wants!) add it to the ignore list. I do that e.g. with WinPatrol entry: HKU\<UserSID>\Software\BillP Studios.

From Total Uninstall'developer:
    To the common software'users: please, don't be afraid to learn to use...

3. yashau

yashau Registered Member

I've tried a bunch of them and I've always gone back to Total Uninstall. I liked it so much I bought a license for it :)

Full x64 and Windows 7 compatibility is a bonus too :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.