Uninstaller Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Feb 22, 2015.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It's not as good as Revo/Geek/IObit. I've used ever uninstaller which scans for leftovers.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  2. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

Giveaway of the day is giving Smarty Uninstaller 4. Has anybody tried this version, any thoughts?

3. roger_m

I've tried a number of different versions of Smarty Uninstaller starting from when it was very first released. I'm not too sure if I've tried version 4, but based on past usage, Revo did a much better job at finding leftovers. I presume that Geek and IObit do a better job of finding leftovers, and they are always free.

Anyway I'm going to try v4 now and post back what I find.

4. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Link??

5. roger_m

6. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

7. roger_m

Okay, I just did some very quick testing, and the verdict is that Smarty Uninstaller does not do a very good job of finding leftovers. The programs I uninstalled did not leave much registry junk behind, but enough for Revo or IObit to usually find a few registry keys to delete, whereas Smarty found none. Revo and IObit also fared better at finding leftover files.

I wouldn't bother with the free offer as IObit or Geek (since it usually finds a similar amount of leftovers ot IObit) find more leftovers and are free.

Comodo Progrmas Manager does better than the above programs and also is free. But should be used with caution as it no longer supported.

Also, it's worth nothing that early versions of Smarty had some critical issues. Once the scan for leftovers wanted to delete an entire branch of the registry, which would have caused disaster if I had let it do so. from memory it wanted to delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

8. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

I can't use the software right now but I think it has snapshot capabilities, did you also try that? I did use CPM since it's first beta but as you said the development stopped and it stopped monitoring for me at some point in each installation. I am currently trying Ashampoo uninstaller (auto monitor is somewhat problematic but you can right click the setup and monitor with it) which looks promising so far. On another machine I have Mirekusoft's install monitor (v 1.1) beside the fugly user interface it does quite a decent job of automatic monitoring and cleaning left overs so far.

9. roger_m

@phalanaxus I did not use the snapshots, because doing so is time consuming. This is an issue when I'm installing software just about every day. I've installed over twenty programs this week. With CPM, even though you may get a popup saying the install was monitored while an installer is still running, it seems to be the case that the whole install is monitored.

I'm sticking with CPM until I find a replacement that works as least as well.

10. Mirjalovic

Mirjalovic Registered Member

How to disable annoying realtime iobit uninstaller ? Thats very unnecessary.

11. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Settings. Disable (uncheck) the second option.

12. Mirjalovic

Mirjalovic Registered Member

thanks

13. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

here is a giveaway from the give away of the day of smarty uninstaller. get it while there is time. its great. It has great left-over scanner and also you set a pre install scan (snapshot) so a software can be uninstalled fully and others.

its over 6 hours left.
    http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/smarty-uninstaller-4-1-2/

14. roger_m

@taleblou The giveaway for Smarty Uninstaller has already been mentioned, just a few posts up, and according to my testing it does a poor job of finding leftovers - the free Geek and IObit Uninstallers do a better job.

It may be worthwhile having due to snapshot feature, but this is something I have no use for so didn't test.

15. taleblou

oh, so its left over scan is not good? so between free geek and iobit unistaller, which one you prefer? iobit also installs ad-bundle no-matter if you not allow it.

I do not remember its name, but there was a very good paid uninstaller that completely uninstalled everything and better then rest. I remember for every install that you used it pre-scaned so it can removed later and also had apps updating capability. I forgot its name, but anyway, among the free uninstallers, which one you guys from experience know cleans better after uninstalling?

16. taleblou

by the way the new baidu cleaner has a good unistaller that cleans left overs too. so can anyone try it and compare it to others?

I think the best cleaner uninstaller should be native 64bit and able to clean 64bit and 32bits leftovers.

17. roger_m

I've been using it for a few weeks now. It only scans for leftover files, not registry keys.

18. roger_m

They should find a similar amount of leftovers. I haven't done a comparison for some time, but Geek used to find more leftovers on the whole. But, IObit have improved their product since then, so there is probably not a huge difference.

I don't what the advertising you are referring to. If you deselect the extras (e.g. Advanced SystemCare), you should only get IObit Installer installed.

19. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Have done this comparison with one application recently and IObit turned out to be slightly better but as Roger says generally they are on par.
    Confirmed. Yeah, it's an aged issue. Sticking with one rule save you from later surprises - read before you click.

20. taleblou

found it. The best and cleanest full uninstaller I have ever saw and it has monitoring. It is paid software called "soft organizer". Right now there is a lifetime one time install giveaway in a Russian site. No upgrade and no support incl as it is a free giveaway. You can get the preactivated giveaway download from here: http://external.comss.ru/url.php?url=http://dl3.comss.ru/download/SO351-comss-setup.exe. I think the software is in English but the giveaway is Russian. Its already activated.

here is the Russian giveaway site: http://www.comss.info/page.php?al=Soft_Organizer_free

I had this before via another giveaway and it was the best uninstaller I ever saw. It cleaned the registry and pc from every leftover junks.

here is soft organizer web site for info on it: http://www.chemtable.com/soft-organizer.htm

21. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Can you turn off monitoring? I don't want that running in the background. So your using this uninstaller now? how do you know what to click I cant read anything.

22. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thanks for pointing to this uninstaller. I tried to gather some information but found only a few articles. While I don't want to anyhow diminish this product and company it seems that this uninstaller isn't widely used and known among users. The last activity on their uninstaller forum dates back to last October. Searching for reviews returns only handful ones with only average ratings. So any real feedback would be welcome.

23. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

It doesn´t run in background ever.
    Only when you install an application and tracks the changes.

24. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

I use it and is good and I said in post #52:
    I use the 'Ignore List' from Total Uninstall - that is far better and the best in this kind of software (I use that List also in ZSoft Uninstaller, that I use in my old Win XP).

25. roger_m

I'd never used this until just now. What I don't like about it is that the installation monitoring is not fully automatic like it is with CPM. With CPM, all installations are automatically monitored with no user intervention required.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.