Uninstaller Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Just tried the latest version of Baidu Cleaner, and the built-in uninstaller is a very solid one.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Thanks for the notice guys, trying out Soft Organizer as well! Surprisingly, I'm keeping quite a few giveaways these past few months.

3. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Bait and switch?

If you install the Bits version it asks you to upgrade, then if you upgrade the bits key doesn't work for it. So you need to roll back to 3.51, and use that. Then if you check the fine print you see the key for Bits only works on the older version, and is invalided by all upgrades...

4. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Baidu is taboo here

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

The problem with it is that is only scans for leftover files and not registry keys. Anyway thanks for the link. I did not realise that it was out of beta and I updated to the latest version.

6. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

v3.51 works beautifully why switch if you don't have any problems? If somebody could find the changelog for v4 it would be nice.

7. roger_m

@phalanaxus From Softpedia:

8. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Also, even if you purchase it, all you get is free upgrades for 1 year. I don't buy non-essential products that require yearly renewals for what should be a one-time purchase price.. $67 is STEEP for an uninstaller to cover the household, especially when that only garners updates for a year. Not cool. I'm sticking with Advanced Uninstaller Pro 11.21.. It bugs out on install, but after the crashing install it runs perfectly, and seems to find the same traces as Soft Organizer.

9. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

10. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

How is this "Bait and Switch"? The offer at BitsDuJour clearly states the version offer is 3.51.

(Many free license offers are for previous versions and do not include any updates.)

@ BDJ
    Their licensing system is similar to Revo Uninstaller, Uninstall Tool and other uninstallers - Updates for current version. Current version does not expire - can be used indefinitely. Upgrade to new major version release for a fee.

Advanced Uninstaller is a total no-go, here. It installs Open Candy - no opt-out - and who knows what nasty software is packed in it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  11. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

This code is working - Family pack 5 computers = $26.80.
    Personal 2 computers - $12.00

(Have Revo Pro and Soft Organizer installed on various machines/systems - when there is a good promo discount for Uninstall Tool would like to try that too.:))

12. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

1) Advanced Uninstaller has 2 very clear opt-out's for PUA/PUP's on install, but the product is ad-supported. Which is why I stick with 11.2X versions.
    2) I strongly recommend Advanced Uninstaller Pro 11.2X, this was before their dumb system-checker, and before it was bundled with junk.

What worries me about version-locking is - we are close to Windows 10 release, and it's incredibly likely version locking will restrict usability on Windows 10. I can see if we were in a LTS mode on Windows and doing this, but right now? I don't think it's a great move. Version 11.2X of Advanced Uninstaller Pro is becoming very hard to find - good thing I have backups, and keep it on my cloud drive!

13. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

Salutations,

Could you post the link for Version 11.2X of Advanced Uninstaller Pro?

Many thanks,

Moose's World

14. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

- http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/versions/
    The license with open candy has to be accepted. There are 2 different windows offering adware that can be declined. Nevertheless, it installed Ad-aware Wb Companion and changed search engine. Stay away from this.
    (easy enough to find an older version by web search. Wouldn't touch it.
    Advanced UninstallerVersions.png

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  15. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I just tested the CURRENT version again - there are two CLEAR notifications of 'alternative' programs, with check boxes to uncheck the installation of them as you go. I didn't find it difficult at all... Nevertheless, I like 11.2x versions just fine, and will stick with them, as the newer ones seem to inject advertisements into the interface. 11.2X run without any issues whatsoever. I should probably step forward until I find the 'newest' one without the System Checker.

Edit: Advanced Uninstaller PRO 11.23 is the LAST version without the stupid daily health checker nonsense bundled. Also it's the best version for Windows8X+, and it works on Windows 10 (just tested that).

16. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Here's a link to Advanced Uninstaller Pro 11.23, the last PAID version, no bundled junk, no OpenCandy, no System Checker, and no interface served advertisements. The author released all previous paid versions for free when it went free, all versions subsequent to 11.23 are fully functional. This is the best uninstaller I have found, it picks up the most traces without any errors/false positives, and doesn't require purchase or registration of any kind, and doesn't dial home. I've scanned the file at Metascan, and it's clean as a whistle.

http://www.fruitydownload.com/summary/335-advanced-uninstaller-pro/1659-advanced-uninstaller-pro

17. Sordid

Sordid Registered Member

I try to avoid uninstalls as much as possible by using traced portables, a utility PC, and testing images. If I am swapping a major prog for another ie KMPlayer to Daum PotPlayer, I usually remaster the image. A PITA, but only 3 remasters since Win8, I tend to be picky with what I install in the first place.

But if I am not using it--it's surface area that needs to go and fast.

I need an uninstaller which is portable 64bit, has imaging tech, a good search, and force uninstall.

Uninstall Tool http://www.crystalidea.com/uninstall-tool fits that bill. Payware, but being a portable license, has unlimited installs. Fair.

I also use Zsoft (portable 32Bit) for its tools along with HiJackThis, Wise RegCleaner, and autoruns to check behind. All portable and free.

Always check these free cleaners/unistallers/updaters--they tend to be full of poop. Why I don't use IObit and several others.

18. roger_m

Free Uninstall It, includes no extras, and it's very easy to avoid the extras with IObit.

19. Sordid

Sordid Registered Member

Hey Roger,

Ah, IObit would require admin and networking. That's too risky granted I have outs n alts.

I'll check out Free Uninstall It.

Cheers

20. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

I got a runtime error when I went to install this?

Attached Files:

21. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Correct. Simply OK past the runtime errors in the installer, and it will still install perfectly fine. The errors are from the 'offers' which are no longer valid in the program, and the dialogs fail to load.

22. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Ahh ok I'll retry....

23. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Hey this one is really nice.. It's picking up things Advanced Uninstaller is missing..

I like the portable license. Just what the doctor ordered.

24. roger_m

I'd actually forgotten about ZSoft, but have used it before. Anyway I install it (it has not been updated for over four years), and don't like it. It is sometimes finding leftovers that IObit is missing, but the user interface is really badly designed meaning that you need to individually select every trace to be removed. If a program had a lot of leftover files and registry keys, this would be time consuming and a huge annoyance.

25. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

From ZSoft Uninstaller developer information:

You can select all entries with this "hidden feature":
    Hold Ctrl and Shift, and type A L L

(You need to do it somewhat fast though)

Also to disable all checked items:
    Hold Ctrl and Shift, and type N O N E​

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.