Uninstalled AVG anti spyware and got the dreaded blue screen.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cheater87, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Then I restarted and all my Firefox settings and extensions got set on default. I also have small font and had to redo my noscript extension settings. This very annoying. Why did this happen?

2. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

Bad luck? http://www.avfu59.dsl.pipex.com/smileys/dunno.gif

I have FF, and have installed / uninstalled AVGAS several times without any problems. I do tend to try to make sure other programs aren't running when I install / uninstall stuff. Maybe you inadvertently had FF running when you uninstalled AVGAS? Just guessing.

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I have uninstalled many programs with FF open. I guess it is bad luck. Oh well I got it back to normal now with some tweaking again.

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Try Uninstalling in Safe Mode next time, if there is a next time with AVG for you. For some reasons certain security programs are so tightly protecting of themselves they blow a gasket when releasing their drivers, Safe Mode might prevent that.

I have had to go thru the registry too many times to count to reset permissions on several entries to unlock drivers that won't budge by conventional (GUI) means.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.