Uninstalled Avast Antivirus now windows wont load

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by securitybillsmith, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. securitybillsmith

securitybillsmith Registered Member

Has anyone else had this problem and might know how to fix it? I just did the normal uninstall and then when it asked to restart to finish removing everyhting like usual, my computer would not load windows anymore. I can get the Acer logo page, but then when it goes to the booting page, all i get is the little blinking line at the top left of the screen. I used an sd card and my usb drive to boot it up from Hitman Pro, but i would like a permanant fix. I tried system restore but it keeps giving me an error message, and says that nothing has been changed. Any help would be appreciated.

2. DX2

DX2 Guest

Try ERD Commander CD, fixes startup problems, or use your Windows CD and it does also :)

3. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Did you use Avast's own uninstall utility?

4. aztony

aztony Registered Member

Are you able to boot to safe mode? If so, have you tried accessing 'advance boot options' and 'last known good configuration?'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.