Uninstallation and installation

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sergec, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sergec

sergec Registered Member

Hi,
    I recently upgrade to Nod32 4.2
    I am running XP service pack 3
    I cannot install nor uninstall my previous version. I used the ESET Uninstall tool, the window removal tool, removed all ESET and Nod 32 from my registry, used the eset ESETUninstaller.exe in safe mode, created a new log file, sent it to technical support...never got an answer.
    I am getting en error code 2753...then roll back.
    Can anyone help?

My log file is too big to be sent through this post but I would be happy to send it by email.

Thanks

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Do you have an issue ticket with ESET ? If so, I would call ESET and ask the status of the ticket. You may reach ESET at 1-866-343-3738, nine to five, Pacific Time, USA.

Regards,

3. stackz

stackz Registered Member

sergec,

This error indicates a problem with windows installer. Try going to Start > Run > and enter: regsvr32 vbscript.dll and press OK. Hopefully you'll receive a message that the dll was successfully registered, then try again.

4. sergec

sergec Registered Member

The regser32 was succesful but i got the same error message when reinstalling

5. sergec

sergec Registered Member

Tried, but the message choices are all broken up, was on hold for 20 minutes than it hang up on me....I guess I am not lucky

6. siljaline

I am sorry to hear you were not able to contact ESET via the toll-free number I provided. Please submit an online issue ticket

Regards & good luck,

7. sergec

sergec Registered Member

Did that twice this week, no response

8. siljaline

Post back your issue ticket number to this thread, someone from ESET will take care of you. I do not know what the turn-time is on a specific ticket but you should have at least had a confirmation email that your ticket was in process.

9. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello sergec,

I have sent you a PM. Can you please respond with your case number and requested information?

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.